Electric Mobility Monthly - August 2017

Title: Electric Mobility Monthly - August 2017
Drive Oregon is now Forth!
View this email in your browser

Electric Mobility Monthly

August 2017

Transportation Equity Workshop

This Thursday - 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Forth is hosting a collaborative workshop on Thursday, August 31 to identify opportunities in the Portland-Metro region for increasing transportation access in traditionally underserved communities. We will be discussing a community transportation needs assessment project being led by OPAL Environmental Justice Oregon and the recently passed "Charge Ahead" initiative that provides incentives for low- and moderate-income households to purchase or lease electric vehicles.  Earlier this year, Forth launched a car sharing pilot program with Hacienda Community Development Corporation to provide clean transportation options to a Portland neighborhood that has limited access to public transportation. This program is one of our first projects designed to increase access to clean transportation and we look forward to leading more programs like this in Oregon. To learn more and RSVP, click here.

Fall Monthly Networking Events

Each month, Forth hosts a networking event featuring speakers that discuss emerging trends in electric, shared and smart mobility. Beginning in September, we will be hosting these events in both Seattle and Portland. At our first event in Seattle (September 7) speakers from the City of Seattle and eluminocity will discuss how the expansion of Washington's electric vehicle charging infrastructure is changing the mobility landscape in the region. On September 21, join Forth in Portland for a discussion around freight and how evolving transportation technologies are changing the freight industry.

As part of National Drive Electric Week (September 9-16), we're co-hosting several electric vehicle Ride and Drives in both Oregon and Washington. For more information about the events we have planned this fall, visit our website

Webinar: Oregon's Electric Vehicle Rebate

Last month Forth hosted a webinar to outline Oregon's new electric vehicle purchase rebate. We were joined by Ruchi Sadhir (Energy Policy Advisor to Governor Kate Brown), Nels Johnson (Senior Vice President, Thorn Run Partners) and Colin McConnaha (Senior Climate Policy Advisor, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality).
The electric vehicle purchase rebate program is part of the $5.3 Billion transportation package (House Bill 2017), and Governor Brown is scheduled to sign H.B. 2017 this week. The purchase rebates will be based on battery capacity - vehicles with a battery capacity of 10 kWh or more qualify for a $2,500 rebate and vehicles with a capacity of less than 10 kWh qualify for $1,500. H.B. 2017 also establishes the "Charge Ahead" rebate program, which offers low- and moderate-income drivers an additional rebate when they trade in their older vehicles for an electric vehicle.

A recording of the webinar and slides are available on our website

"Let Us Bury the Chicken and the Egg"

One of the challenges of advancing the electric mobility industry is increasing the sales of electric vehicles without widely-available charging infrastructure. In our industry, it's commonly referred to as a "chicken and egg" problem. In a recent blog post, Forth's Executive Director argues that this analogy is inappropriate because it assumes this challenge has no solution and proposes a different analogy: the hotdog and bun. Click here to read Jeff Allen's blog post.

The Go Forth Electric Showcase: Lessons Learned

The Go Forth Electric Showcase, the first of its kind in the United States, opened earlier this year in May.  The Showcase offers consumers the unique opportunity to learn about electric vehicles in a brand-neutral setting and the last several months has provided Forth staff with many insights about effectively engaging consumers. The most important lesson: taking a test drive is more effective than just learning about electric vehicles - nothing compares to experiencing them firsthand. Green Car Reports highlights our initial lessons learned.

Welcome New and Renewing Members

Second Gear
Puget Sound Energy
Social Enterprises Inc.
Paired Power

Rare Comet
EV Support
Mentor, A Siemens Business

Portland General Electric
Plug in America
Smart Grid Northwest

VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF MEMBERS

Upcoming
Events

Forth Events

09.07
Electric Car Charging: The New Bike Rack
09.09
Denny Park Electric Vehicle Ride & Drive
09.10
Eugene EV Ride & Drive
09.21
The Future of Freight
10.04
The Future of Mobility: Autonomous, Connected, Electric & Shared
10.19
Global Industry Highlights

Partner Events

09.12 - 09.14
Electric and Hybrid Technology Expo
09.13 - 09.14
Ocean Renewable Energy Conference XII
09.16
Portland NDEW Ride & Drive
10.09 - 10.11
EVS 30
10.13
Utility Regulation 2.0
10.17
GoGreen Portland Conference
Questions or Comments?  Send them our way!  Email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 503.724.8670.

Copyright © 2017 Forth, All rights reserved.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list