ACTION: Tell Congress to Protect DACA

  • To: "Mark O'brien" <ward1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ACTION: Tell Congress to Protect DACA
  • From: "Amanda Ballantyne, Main Street Alliance" <press@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 16:08:27 +0000 (UTC)

Title: NationBuilder
Amanda Ballantyne, Main Street Alliance Home
Main Street Alliance
Mark --

Right now, President Trump is threatening to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) as early as today, Friday, September 1st.

DACA made our nation stronger and our communities more vibrant. It gave 800,000 young people - our neighbors, friends, and coworkers - the chance to step out of the shadows to become business owners and employees without fear of deportation. If DACA is repealed, hundreds of thousands of people will be forced out of jobs and their families torn apart.

This threat to DACA is the latest of President Trump’s racist attacks on our communities and country.

NOW is the time for small business owners to stand up in defense of our neighbors, friends, and employees.

HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO:

  1. Call your Senators and Representatives in Congress at 202-224-3121 and tell them to stand with small businesses and publicly oppose ending DACA. Here’s a script to help you with your calls.

  2. Get involved online - here’s a toolkit that makes it easy to speak up on Twitter and Facebook.

  3. Sign this letter from business owners and leaders nationwide.

  4. Let your customers know that  #HateHasNoBizHere at ANY time by posting this sign in your shop window.

Let’s come together and raise our voices today to let lawmakers know that small business owners stand with their communities and defend their neighbors. #DefendDACA

Thanks for your support,

Amanda Ballantyne, Main Street Alliance

Join Us Donate Shop Your Values

About Us

Main Street Alliance is a national network of small business coalitions working to build a new voice for small businesses on important public policy issues. Alliance small business owners share a vision of public policies that work for business owners, our employees, and the communities we serve.

SMALL BUSINESS VOICES. SMALL BUSINESS VALUES.

Home Main Street Alliance
1101 17th Street NW, Suite 1220 - Washington, DC 20036

This email was sent to ward1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To stop receiving emails, click here.