STOP Billions in Budget Cuts NOW!

  • To: "Mark O'brien" <ward1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: STOP Billions in Budget Cuts NOW!
  • From: Main Street Alliance <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:18:57 +0000 (UTC)

Title: NationBuilder
Main Street Alliance Home Facebook Twitter
Main Street Alliance
Mark --

Now more than ever, Congress needs to hear from small business owners before debate begins on the House budget & its billions of dollars in cuts to vital services like healthcare and education

Join thousands of small business owners Tuesday 9/12 through Thursday 9/14, CALL CONGRESS and tell them to oppose the proposed House Budget. To make sure to overload the phone lines, call at least once each day.

Call 202-224-3121 right now to connect to your member of Congress

And say:

"As a small business owner, I urge you to vote NO on the House budget that cuts funding for Medicare, Medicaid, and education in order to give very rich companies and people a huge tax break. Not one penny in tax cuts should be given to the wealthy and multi-national corporations."

The Republican claim that they are cutting taxes to benefit small businesses is deeply misleading:

  • Most of the tax cuts will go to hedge fund managers, corporate lawyers and real estate moguls like Trump.
  • Just 7% of all business owners will see any reduction in their tax rate as a result of Trump’s business tax cut.
  • The richest 1% will get three-quarters of Trump’s business tax cut.

Republicans say that corporations need a tax cut to stay competitive. But corporations are making record profits and still paying less in taxes than ever. Many profitable corporations pay little to nothing in taxes due to giant tax loopholes. If we require the wealthy and big corporations to pay their fair share in taxes, we can invest and create millions of new jobs. We can rebuild roads and bridges, make college affordable, research new medical cures, and ensure a secure retirement for seniors. These priorities will help small businesses and their communities by making our economy stronger in the long run.

You are the voice of small business. Make sure you are heard.

Main Street Alliance
http://www.mainstreetalliance.org/
Join Us Donate Shop Your Values

About Us

Main Street Alliance is a national network of small business coalitions working to build a new voice for small businesses on important public policy issues. Alliance small business owners share a vision of public policies that work for business owners, our employees, and the communities we serve.

SMALL BUSINESS VOICES. SMALL BUSINESS VALUES.

Home Facebook Twitter Main Street Alliance
1101 17th Street NW, Suite 1220 - Washington, DC 20036

This email was sent to ward1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To stop receiving emails, click here.