News and Events from the Yellow House

  • To: <ward2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: News and Events from the Yellow House
  • From: CMLC <cmlc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:23:37 +0000

Title: News and Events from the Yellow House
This summary of your content shows in the preview area of some email clients. View this email in your browser.

CMLC Fall News

September 2017
CMLC has been saddened by the recent loss of members of the CMLC family.

We give our heartfelt sympathies to the families and friends of Polly Jeneva.  Polly was a long -time volunteer at the center, sharing her warmth and welcoming spirit. She engaged  visitors, helped with conversation circles, crocheted blankets and baked for bazaars, and brought her lovely smile through the door.  She will be greatly missed.

Adrianna Madrigal Torres, the daughter of Feliciana Torres and Jose Madrigal,  passed away unexpectedly in August.   Feliciana has been active in the center and with Casa Latinos Unidos and Jose volunteers by maintaining the center landscaping.  Our hearts go out to them on the loss of their lovely daughter
CMLC needs staff volunteers!  Volunteering as a staff member helps the center and is a fun way to meet new people from other cultures.  Click here to learn more.  We are also looking for English speaking conversant volunteers.  Please stop by the center, call or email if you are interested in volunteering.

CMLC received a grant from Benton Community Foundation to enhance our citizenship tutoring offerings and execute a loan program for fees related to immigration and naturalization applications and renewals.  We are excited to expand our resources in this area! Many thanks to the Benton Community Foundation for helping us expand citizenship support in this time of increased demand.

Upcoming Events

CMLC  Fall Open House

Join us for an Open House with a cultural café including international food and immigrant artisan sale, kid’s activities, center tours and more!
Saturday September 23rd
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Free and open to everyone.

Dine Out at Panera Bread
Panera will donate a percentage of sales to CMLC (flyer must be presented).  Flers are available at CMLC or on our website.
Tuesday September 12th
4:00 - 8:00 pm
Panera Bread
355 NW 4th St

International Potluck Lunch
Join us for a fun, delicious potluck lunch featuring dishes from a diversity of cultures.  Bring a dish and bring a friend!
Every third Wednesday of the month. (First potluck is September 20th)
11:30 - 1:00
CMLC
Free and open to everyone.
Beginner English Classes
Beginner English classes start the week of September 13th.  Please check our website for more information on levels, schedules and other details.
DONATE NOW
FOLLOW on TWITTER
FOLLOW on FACEBOOK
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

Copyright © CMLC 2017 All rights reserved.

You can find us at:
128 SW Ninth St
Corvallis, OR 97333
541-754-7225
www.cmlcenter.org
cmlc@xxxxxxxx

This email was sent to ward2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center · 128 SW Ninth St · Corvallis, Or 97333 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp