Electric Mobility Monthly - September 2017

Title: Electric Mobility Monthly - September 2017
Drive Oregon is now Forth!
View this email in your browser

Electric Mobility Monthly

September 2017

Forth Heads to Germany for EVS 30

October 9 - 11, 2017
The Electric Vehicle Symposium is the largest electric vehicle conference in the world. Held every 18 months, it rotates between Europe, Asia and North America. This year, EVS30 will be held in Stuttgart, Germany and for the fourth year in a row, there will be a strong Forth presence. Our Executive and Deputy Directors will be presenting and moderating during the conference, and we will have a booth in the exhibition hall. We're thrilled to be joined by our members EV4 LLC, Mentor, A Siemens Business, EV Safe Charge and partner Charged Electric Vehicles Magazine. If you're attending EVS, stop by booth C39!

Update: Oregon's Electric Vehicle Rebate

Oregon's electric vehicle rebate continues to move forward. On August 29, Governor Kate Brown signed the Oregon Transportation Bill (H.B. 2017) into law at a signing ceremony in Eugene, OR - one of the several stops she made around the state. Forth's Director of Government Relations, Jeannette Shaw (pictured), gave opening remarks at the ceremony, thanking the administration for their support of the electric vehicle rebate.

The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is responsible for implementing the electric vehicle rebate program, which is currently under development. Our understanding is that DEQ may not have the program fully implemented for several months, nor have funding available to send out rebate checks until April 2018. However, the law states that vehicles purchased after October 6, 2017 should be eligible for the rebate, and vehicle owners should have six months to apply for a rebate. Forth is encouraging DEQ to clarify that they intend to treat all vehicles purchased after October 6, 2017 equally and allow them to apply for a rebate once the program is fully operational. We are encouraging our network to visit DEQ's website where you can sign up for email updates and email the program manager, Rachel Sakata (sakata.rachel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). While this effort moves forward, we understand AAA will proceed with a lawsuit to determine if there are constitutional limitations on the use of the funds that will fund the EV rebates.

Lastly, KPTV stopped by the Go Forth Electric Showcase earlier this month and spoke with our Deputy Director, Zach Henkin, about how the rebate will benefit Oregonians. You can view the interview here.

New Staff - The Forth Team Continues to Grow

We're thrilled to share that our team continues to expand! In the past two and a half months, we've welcomed three new staff members to reflect our growing work - including two new positions - Office Associate and Director of Marketing and Communications.

Gina Avalos, Office Associate, provides administrative support, coordinates our monthly networking events and manages our growing membership database.

As Forth's Director of Marketing & Communications, Holly Hagerman Rouault (formerly of Green Rising Marketing) designs and implements communications strategies to broaden our reach as we serve both industry members and consumers in the electric, shared and smart mobility space.

Kelly Yearick, our new AmeriCorps Member, supports our work to improve transportation options in under-resourced communities and educates youth about the benefits of electric mobility.

Forth is pleased to announce that we have three new members joining our board of directors. We'd like to extend a warm welcome to Sean Bagsby (Alternative Energy Director, IBEW), Representative Jake Fey (Washington State) and Ben Farrow (Product Development Manager, Puget Sound Energy).

Open Position: Forth is seeking a Special Projects Intern through Portland State University's Institute of Sustainability. Apply by October 2, 2017.

Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Pilot Program

The Washington State Department of Transportation has awarded over $1 million in grants to expand fast charging in the state as part of it's commitment to be a leader in clean energy. Forth is thrilled to be one of the grant recipients of the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Pilot Program (EVIPP). Together with our partners (and Forth members) SemaConnect, EVgo and ABB, we'll be installing fast chargers along 1-5 between Chehalis and Everett to expand the West Coast Electric Highway.

Forth's Fall Networking Events - Have You Registered?

As part of our expansion into Washington, Forth is now hosting monthly events in both Seattle and Portland. These events highlight an emerging topic in the electric, shared and smart mobility space with a discussion led by guest speakers. We hosted our first event in Seattle this month with great success and if you were unable to join us, you can view the presentations and event summary on our website. Forth's upcoming October events are The Future of Mobility: Autonomous, Connected, Electric & Shared in Seattle on October 4 and Global Industry Highlights on October 19 in Portland. For a complete list of Forth's upcoming monthly events, click here.

Arcimoto Goes Public

Arcimoto was one of the first members of Forth, back when we were known as Drive Oregon. Based in Eugene, OR, Arcimoto is an electric vehicle manufacturer of the Fun Utility Vehicle (FUV). The company made headlines this week when it went public, making it the second fully electric vehicle manufacturer after Tesla to do so, and it is the first tech IPO in Oregon since 2004. Arcimoto expects to make its first deliveries to customers later this year.

Welcome New and Renewing Members

CleanFuture
ReachNow
IBEW 48
ChargEVC

MobilityCubed
KERBspace
Mahindra Genze
Oregon Automobile Dealers Association
Electrification Coalition

VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF MEMBERS

Upcoming
Events

Forth Events

10.04
The Future of Mobility: Autonomous, Connected, Electric & Shared
10.14
Bellingham Electric Vehicle Ride & Drive
10.19
Global Industry Highlights
11.04
Pt. Defiance Zoo & Aquarium Electric Vehicle Ride & Drive

Partner Events

10.09 - 10.11
EVS 30
10.13
Utility Regulation 2.0
10.17
GoGreen Portland Conference
11.14
6th Annual Climate Solutions Dinner
Questions or Comments?  Send them our way!  Email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 503.724.8670.

Copyright © 2017 Forth, All rights reserved.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list