Downtown Updates - 31 August 2017

  • Subject: Downtown Updates - 31 August 2017
  • From: Joan Wessell <wessellj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:42:21 -0700

Greetings DCA Members:
    (Please share this e-newsletter with your employees)

°  Be sure to attend Rhapsody in the Vineyard - 16 Sept 2017 - 3:30 - 7 pm you’ll have a FANTASTIC time!
   You can purchase your wine glass beginning @ 2 pm at any of the following locations
   Footwise, The Inkwell Home Store, The Toy Factory and Sibling Revelry.
   Please be sure to bring your government-issued photo ID.

°  Upcoming DCA-sponsored events: (Please make note of these dates)
  5 September - Promotions/Marketing, DCA Board Room, 8:30 am
   6 September - Downtown Red Carpet Welcome, DCA Office, 9:45 am
   9 September - Dream Dinners Taste fundraiser, @ Dream Dinners 958 NW Circle Blvd, Ste C   541.752.3040 (to register, see above article)
 12 September - Design Committee Meeting, DCA Board Room, 8:30 am
 13 September - Board Meeting, DCA Board Room, 8:15 am
 14 September - Downtown After Hours @ Madison Ave Collective, 5:30-7 pm
 16 September - Rhapsody in the Vineyard - 3:30-7 pm
 20 September - Membership Meeting @ The Salty Dog - 8 am
     Speakers: Corvallis Mayor Traber, Evan Deffenbacher (Castor Club Restaurant), Alice Derrickson, Parking Enforcement
 20 September - Main Street Grant Meeting (Seismic Retrofitting of Harding Building), DCA Board Room, 10 am
         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 31 October - Downtown Trick or Treat

°  Upcoming Street Maintenance Work:
Greetings:
The City of Corvallis will be doing a crack sealing project in city owned parking lots and along 1st Street, between Tyler and Adams, starting Tuesday, September 5, 2017.

Parking will be closed during this maintenance work and re-opened as soon as the work is complete. No Parking will be posted at least 48 hours in advance of the work.
Project signs will be posted at each location with schedule information.

The work schedule and locations include:
Date                   Time                   Location
September 5        7 am to 10 am   1st Street, between Tyler Avenue and Adams Avenue
September 5      10 am to   2 pm   Parking lot on 100 SW block of 2nd Street (across from the Majestic Theater)
September 6        7 am to 10 am   Parking lot on 200 SW block of 2nd Street (next to American Dream Pizza)
September 6      10 am to 11 am   Parking lot on 300 SW block of 3rd Street (next to Dairy Queen)
September 6      11 am to   3 pm   Parking lot on corner of 2nd Street and B Avenue

Notification flyers have been sent to all adjacent businesses and residents.
For more information, please visit the City’s website www.corvallisoregon.gov/crackseal  or call (541) 754-1772 for a recorded message of daily updates and any schedule changes.

Please forward this information to your membership.

Thanks you,
Bruce Moser, P.E.
Corvallis Public Works
PO Box 1083
Corvallis, OR 97330
541-766-6916

°  DCA Member Downtown Property Owners:
Do you have Vacancies? Do you want help marketing your Vacancies?  Would you like assistance recruiting potential tenants to your Vacancies?  Do you want these services to be free of charge?  If you are a DCA Member/or EID participant, the DCA can help!
Here’s all you need to do: just email your list of vacancies (& details) to: joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 541.754.6624 and we’ll include your listing on Downtown “Vacancies & Opportunities”, on DCA’s website and we will schedule an appointment with you to fill your vacancies with a business that will complement your property and your neighbors.

°  Dream Dinner TASTE - Register TODAY!!
The Downtown Corvallis Association will sponsor a “Dream Taste” fundraiser on September 9,  2017 - 1:30 am Please note Time Change.  The event  will give you the chance to see how easy it is to provide delicious Dream Dinners meals for your family.  For only $34.99, you’ll prepare three 3-meal servings (from the menu below) to enjoy at home.
This offer is only for guests who haven’t been to Dream Dinners for at least a year or who have never been to Dream Dinners, and there are only 9 spaces available, so you’ll want to reserve your spot today.  Use the link below to RSVP.
Menu items to choose from: Catalina Shrimp Tacos with Cotija Cheese - Crispy French Onion Chicken - Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Bites - Homemade Turkey Parmesan Meatballs with Cavatappi - Peach Bourbon Chicken with Garlic Asparagus Spears
• Host: Joan
• Note Time Change: 1:30 am
Session Password: Yummy
Where: Dream Dinners Corvallis, 958 NW Circle Blvd, Suite C, Corvallis 97330
Phone: 541.752.3040

°   OSU Student Volunteers:
Please contact Joan (joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 541.754.6624) if you have suggestions for Downtown Improvements or projects that we might request these Honor Student to work on!  THANK YOU!

Joan:  I hope this email finds you well!! I wanted to reach out to you to see if there were any volunteer opportunities with the Downtown Corvallis Association?  The OSU Honors College is looking for a few more volunteer opportunities for our annual Morning of Service on September 18th.  I’ve included some additional information below for your review.  We can send teams of around 10 students to you, with the capacity of sending you as many teams as you may need.  Tasks can be anything that your organization may need (cleaning, painting, pulling weeds, etc.)
The Honors College at Oregon State University is still seeking on/off-campus sites to send incoming freshmen students to for our annual Morning of Service project.  This year's Morning of Service will be on Monday, September 18th, 2017 from 8:45 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.  We will have approximately 220 students participating in various service sites across the Corvallis area. Each group of students will be accompanied by a student site leader, who will help engage the group in meaningful conversations throughout the morning.  The student site leader will also serve as your point person during the site visit.
 Rylan
______________________
Mr. Rylan Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Honors College, Oregon State University
West Hall 121 | Corvallis, OR 97331 | 541-737-6471

Free Goat Yoga Classes!

Sept. 16th & 17th! Spots are limited so register today!

You are invited to attend a very special edition of Goat Yoga featuring an Exclusive Advance Screening of the new ABC series “Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.” ABC will be onsite with us to give you a sneak peek of their new show following our Goat Yoga classes.  ABC will covering your class fees, plus providing free giveaways while supplies last! Click on this link to sign up! Spots are limited so register today!

Book Now for Sept. 16
Book Now for Sept 17

°  News from Live Well Studio:
1- The Meditation Immersion
A unique, six module intensive for those who are looking for an inspiring, structured, contemplative yogic/Buddhist training that builds session to session. This immersion can be enrolled in separately or as a segment of Live Well’s 200-hr (RYS) Yoga Teacher Training Program.  Five weekend modules are non-residential and held in town; the sixth is an overnight, residential silent retreat in Langlois, Oregon.
   Begins September 22. 6 Weekends September - December
   $1,199 before September 1st; $1,499 after
   541-224-6566

2- Making Peace with Your Body
Our bodies hold so much on our behalf: fear, anger, trauma, loss. And Wisdom. Yet we wage war with our body repetitively. We eat, drink, sleep, and exercise too much, or not enough. We don’t speak when our gut says to shout. We quell the urge to dance because our dance is too unique. Such acts muffle our internal voice of wisdom/intuition. Yet, we can learn to listen again. We can reclaim the extraordinary resources embodied in our physical form. The techniques of yoga offer an active path toward making peace with our bodies. Each session will include gentle movement, breath work, meditation, and discussion.
   Saturdays 1-3 pm Oct. 7, 14, 21, 23 Nov. 4, 11
   $165 before September 1; $185 after
   541-224-6566

Kate Gallagher
Live Well Studio, LLC

°  Darkside Films for 9/1/2017 -  9/7/2017
The riveting and rousing follow-up shows just how close we are to a real energy revolution. VP Al Gore is busy training an army of climate champions and influencing international climate policy. 72% RT
AN INCONVENIENT SEQUEL: TRUTH TO POWER-NR

An unhinged social media stalker moves to LA and insinuates herself into the life of an Instagram celebrity. Aubrey Plaza, Elizabeth Olsen. Drama/Comedy. 86% RT
INGRID GOES WEST-R

After jaunts through northern England and Italy, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon sample the best of the Spain’s gastronomic offerings in between rounds of their hilariously off-the-cuff banter. Comedy. 89%RT
THE TRIP TO SPAIN-NR

Paul Turner~~Le Grand Fromage
Darkside Cinema
215 SW 4th
Corvallis, OR 97333
Office: 541 908 2000
Recording: 541 752 4161
We Suck Less. Every Day. For 19 Years!

Regards,
Joan

Joan Wessell, EdM, CMSM
Executive Director
Downtown Corvallis Association
PO Box 1536, Corvallis OR   97339
460 SW Madison, Suite 9 Corvallis OR  97333
Voice:  (541) 754-6624
Fax:  (541) 758-4723
Cell:  (541) 740-1326
joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.downtowncorvallis.org

Downtown Corvallis...just what you're looking for!