PUBLIC INPUT: Public transportation

-----Original Message-----
From: City Manager
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:26 PM
To: Holzworth, Carla <Carla.Holzworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Public Input Submission

Time to take the survey : 13 min. , 2 sec.
Submission recorded on : 8/31/2017 4:25:34 PM

NAME/ADDRESS:   Addison Sennett,  1020 we 35 Th st

TOPIC:  Public transportation

MEETING DATE:  8/1/2017

Overall I am happy with the transit system in this town. My one and only complaint is the operators drive way faster than I feel is safe. More often than not I find the operators to be a bit to reckless while transporting the community this taking the risk of putting other lives or health in danger. Normally I am not one to complain but on this day 8/31/17 at 4:00pm  I was onboard bus number 752 route 3 south bound the operator was driving faster than the posted speed limit. As I was preparing to get off the bus the female operator hit the brakes much to hard and I was flung beyond the yellow line to which she scolded me for it. When I told her that she had hit the brakes too hard she proceeded to rudely argue with me as I was stepping off of the bus. I had signaled for a stop well in advance giving her plenty of time to safely stop the bus, but I suppose she was in too much of a rush to concern herself with the safety of her passengers. I understand this bus system is free  but I do not feel like the safety of its passengers should be ignored for it. I find this experience along with others needs to be delt with reckless driving is a major issue in this community and I am surprised to find that public transit operators are not fined for this.

If you would like to be contacted by the Mayor and City Council with any follow-up questions, please enter an email address or phone number below.

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)