Re: sidewalk setback

September 11, 2017

Hello Louise, hello Barbara,

I trust that this finds you well.

I am interested in this issue, and I am happy not to attend (or to attend, if
that would help) a meeting. I have two questions/comments:

(1) What is the reason for wider setbacks, in general? (or, the advantages and
disadvantages of wider versus narrower?)

(2) In an existing residental neighborhood, one which is going to stay mostly
residential, when a house for a family is converted into several-bedroom
housing, we wind up with a long-term in-and-out sidewalk. There is an example
on the north side of Grant around 32nd Street. I do not like that, so I lean
toward Louise Ferrell's suggestion.

For Louise's suggestion, it would probably mean that a builder would spend less
money to convert a family house to several-bedroom housing.

Sherri Johnson, the president of Harding Neighborhood Neighborhood Association,
has been interested in this issue, so I am copying this email to her.

Thanks. If I can help in any way, let me know. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Bill Glassmire