Climate Action Plan implementation

Hi, Barbara,

I am deeply concerned that City Council has not yet taken action to implement our community’s Climate Action Plan, although the impacts of climate change worsen daily.

I strongly support the recommendations of the Mayor-appointed Climate Action Task Force: to establish a Climate Action Advisory Board and hire a .5 FTE staff to support the board.

I urge you to lend your support to the proposed ordinance that was presented by City staff at the 09/05/17 Council meeting. Other proposals that are being introduced to the Council are delaying the process. Instead, these proposals should be assigned to the Climate Action Advisory Board for consideration.

Please let me know if you have time to discuss my concerns via a phone call.

Thanks,

Annette Mills
541-230-1237