PUBLIC INPUT: Ridesharing

-----Original Message-----
From: City Manager
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:37 PM
To: Holzworth, Carla <Carla.Holzworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Public Input Submission

Time to take the survey : 18 min. , 12 sec.
Submission recorded on : 8/24/2017 2:36:43 PM

NAME:  Lisa Brownfield, 169 Starlight Crest Drive La Canada Flintridge CA 91011

TOPIC:   Ridesharing

MEETING DATE:  8/24/2017

Dear Mayor and Councilpersons,

I encourage the City Council to direct staff to amend Corvallis'  taxi regulations in the Corvallis Municipal Code to allow ridesharing/transportation network companies (Uber, Lyft, and similar services) to operate in Corvallis.

Corvallis is a very walkable/bikeable community, however, there are times when a ridesharing program would be a benefit to local residents.  My OSU student does not have a car; she is dependent on her bicycle and local transit.  Last winter quarter, my daughter had an unpaid internship with the local women's shelter; it required her to work from 6:30 - 11:00 pm.  She rode her bike to/from the shelter's location in cold/inclement weather three nights per week.  She investigated using taxis; however, none would commit to a late night pick up, even if it was regularly scheduled.  Meanwhile, one of her neighbors is a regular Lyft driver (he drives in another city) who would have agreed to driving her if ridesharing was an option in Corvallis.

Since that time, I have spoken to a number of other OSU parents who would like their students to have the opportunity to use a rideshare program to get to their jobs/internships, as well as destinations outside of Corvallis.

Please support ridesharing in Corvallis.  Thank  you

If you would like to be contacted by the Mayor and City Council with any follow-up questions, please enter an email address or phone number below.

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)