Downtown Updates - 24 August 2017

  • Subject: Downtown Updates - 24 August 2017
  • From: Joan Wessell <wessellj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:26:34 -0700

Greetings DCA Members:
(please share this newsletter with your employees: )

°  Register to Host a Winery for Rhapsody in the Vineyard (September 16, 2017 - 3:30-7 pm)
Rhapsody in the Vineyard Downtown Wine Walk is a GREAT Promotion that attracts thousands to Downtown Corvallis (and to YOUR STORE!)
Don’t miss out Register ASAP!…be sure to submit your registration & payment for Rhapsody in the Vineyard.
Early-Bird registration has passed -
final deadline is September 4!
Registration forms are on DCA’s website: www.downtowncorvallis.org

°  Dream Dinner TASTE - Register SOON!!
   The Downtown Corvallis Association will sponsor a “Dream Taste” fundraiser on September 9,  2017 -11:30 am.  The event  will give you the chance to see how easy it is to provide delicious Dream Dinners meals for your family.  For only $34.99, you’ll prepare three 3-meal servings (from the menu below) to enjoy at home.
   The offer is only for guests of this event (who haven’t been to Dream Dinners for at least a year or who have never been to Dream Dinners), and there are only 9 spaces available, so you’ll want to reserve your spot today.  Use the link below to RSVP.
Menu items you may choose from: Catalina Shrimp Tacos with Cotija Cheese - Crispy French Onion Chicken - Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Bites - Homemade Turkey Parmesan Meatballs with Cavatappi - Peach Bourbon Chicken with Garlic Asparagus Spears
Host: Joan    When: Sat. Sept. 9, 2017 - 11:30 am   RSVP Online Now: http://dreamdinnerscom/taste/720999
Session Password: Yummy  Where: Dream Dinners Corvallis, 958 NW Circle Blvd, Suite C, Corvallis 97330  Phone: 541.752.3040

°  Upcoming DCA-sponsored events: (Please make note of these dates)
  5 September - Promotions/Marketing, DCA Board Room, 8:30 am
   6 September - Downtown Red Carpet Welcome, DCA Office, 9:45 am
   9 September - Dream Dinners Taste fundraiser, @ Dream Dinners 958 NW Circle Blvd, Ste C   541.752.3040 (to register, see above article)
 12 September - Design Committee Meeting, DCA Board Room, 8:30 am
 13 September - Board Meeting, DCA Board Room, 8:15 am
 14 September - Downtown After Hours @ Madison Ave Collective, 5:30-7 pm
 16 September - Rhapsody in the Vineyard - 3:30-7 pm
 20 September - Membership Meeting @ The Salty Dog - 8 am
    Speakers: Corvallis Mayor Traber, Evan Deffenbacher (Castor Club Restaurant), Alice Derrickson, Parking Enforcement
 20 September - Main Street Grant Meeting (Seismic Retrofitting of Harding Building), DCA Board Room, 10 am
         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
31 October - Downtown Trick or Treat

°  DCA Member Downtown Property Owners:
Got Vacancies?  Need help marketing your vacancy?  Want help recruiting folks to your vacancy?  Want these services provided at no cost?
The DCA can help you…just email joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 541.754.6624, send us your property’s details and we’ll include your property on our “Vacancies & Opportunities” list, on DCA’s website and we will schedule an appointment with you to get your property filled with a complementary business that will fit with your vacancy and with your neighbors.

°   OSU Student Volunteers:
Please contact Joan (joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 541.754.6624) if you have suggestions for Downtown Improvements or projects that we might request that students focus work on!  THANK YOU!

Joan:
I hope this email finds you well!! I wanted to reach out to you to see if there were any volunteer opportunities with the Downtown Corvallis Association?  The OSU Honors College is looking for a few more volunteer opportunities for our annual Morning of Service on September 18th.  I’ve included some additional information below for your review.  We can send teams of around 10 students to you, with the capacity of sending you as many teams as you may need.  Tasks can be anything that your organization may need (cleaning, painting, pulling weeds, etc.)
The Honors College at Oregon State University is still seeking on/off-campus sites to send incoming freshmen students to for our annual Morning of Service project.  This year's Morning of Service will be on Monday, September 18th, 2017 from 8:45 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.  We will have approximately 220 students participating in various service sites across the Corvallis area. Each group of students will be accompanied by a student site leader, who will help engage the group in meaningful conversations throughout the morning.  The student site leader will also serve as your point person during the site visit.
 Rylan
______________________
Rylan Good (he/him/his)
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Honors College, Oregon State University
West Hall 121 | Corvallis, OR 97331 | 541-737-6471

°  Darkside Films for 8/25/2017 -  8/31/2017
The riveting and rousing follow-up shows just how close we are to a real energy revolution. VP Al Gore is busy training an army of climate champions and influencing international climate policy. 72% RT
AN INCONVENIENT SEQUEL: TRUTH TO POWER —NR

A profile of celebrated portrait photographer Elsa Dorfman, whose friends and subjects include Allen Ginsberg and Bob Dylan. Errol Morris directs. Documentary. 96% RT
THE BE-SIDE: ELSA DORFMAN’S PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY -R

In 19th-century rural England, a young bride sold into marriage discovers an unstoppable desire within herself as she enters into an affair with a worker on her estate. Florence Pugh. Drama. 88% RT
LADY MACBETH -R

Paul Turner~~Le Grand Fromage
Darkside Cinema
215 SW 4th
Corvallis, OR 97333
Office: 541 908 2000
Recording: 541 752 4161
We Suck Less. Every Day. For 19 Years!

Enjoy your weekend,

Regards,
Joan

Joan Wessell, EdM, CMSM
Executive Director
Downtown Corvallis Association
PO Box 1536, Corvallis OR   97339
460 SW Madison, Suite 9 Corvallis OR  97333
Voice:  (541) 754-6624
Fax:  (541) 758-4723
Cell:  (541) 740-1326
joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.downtowncorvallis.org

Downtown Corvallis...just what you're looking for!

Joan Wessell, EdM, CMSM
Executive Director