Downtown Updates - 21 September 2017

  • Subject: Downtown Updates - 21 September 2017
  • From: Joan Wessell <wessellj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:41:16 -0700

Greetings, DCA Members:
(Please share this email with your employees)

Upcoming DCA-sponsored events: (Please make note of these dates)
  10 October   Design Committee Meeting - 8:30 am - Board Room
  11 October       Board Meeting - 8:15 am - Board Room
  12 October   Downtown After Hours - 5:30 - 7pm @ The Toy Factory
18 October Membership Meeting - 8 am @ Cloud & Kelly’s Public House
30 October Seismic Retrofitting of Footwise w/Main Street Grant Funds - 10 am - Board Room
31 October  Downtown Trick or Treat - 1-5 pm

° Yoga @ Live Well Studio:
Free Teen Yoga 4:00 pm. Wednesdays. All teens welcome; all levels. Free.
Community Yoga 5:00 pm Saturdays. $7 Suggested Donation
Special Event: Yoga Therapy Meets Posture Rx with Nathan Briner 9/28 7-9pm $20

Live Well Studio, 971 NW Spruce Ave. www.livewellstudio.com, 541.224.6566
Kate Gallagher - Live Well Studio, LLC

° News from Running Princess
Try our NEW Essentrics® class on Thursdays from 12:15pm-12:45pm. Essentrics® is a dynamic, full-body workout that simultaneously combines stretching and strengthening, while engaging all 650 muscles. This low-impact, equipment-free class will leave you feeling energized, youthful and healthy.
- 351 SW Madison Ave., Corvallis • 541-286-4043
untitled.png

°  Counterfeit Bills
 Another local business has reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill.
 Retailers - Be aware of currency you receive. Two references are the Secret Service and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. The links are:
 If you are presented with a suspect counterfeit bill, call the Corvallis Police Department as soon as it is safe to do so. Do not attempt to detain the
 person passing the bill. Get as good a description as possible of the individual(s), note the direction of departure, and try to get a license plate
 number and description of any vehicle used.

°  BLOKTOBERFEST 2017
In celebration of the changing season and in the tradition of the German Oktoberfest, Block 15 is hosting their 9th annual “Bloktoberfest” on October 6th and 7th. The event brings Corvallis and surrounding communities together for a weekend of beer, German-inspired food, live music, and Pac-12 football on the big screen.
HOURS
Friday: 4pm - 11pm
Saturday: 12:30pm - 11pm
Minors are welcome both days, until 8pm.
STREET CLOSURE
Bloktoberfest is held under a large tent on Jefferson Avenue, between 3rd and 4th street. In order to pull this event off, that stretch of Jefferson Ave. will be closed to traffic from 7am on Friday through Sunday at 11am.

For more information, visit: block15.com/bloktoberfest

Prost!
The Block 15 Team

Seth Steiling, Marketing Director
Block 15 Brewing Co.
seth@xxxxxxxxxxx

°  Community Conversations on Land Use:
   Hopefully you have heard by now about the series of workshops the City is hosting.  The workshops are titled ‘Community Conversations on Land Use', and the purpose is to gather input from community members that will inform future decisions about where homes, employment centers, shopping, and services should be located.  We’ve received some good feedback so far, but the more voices that are heard the better, and we can more easily meet the needs of all members of our community.  We’ll be at the Celebrate Southtown event this afternoon (September 21st), and we have two more workshops scheduled for Monday the 25th at Walnut Community Room, and Thursday the 28th at Cheldelin Middle School.  The workshops are an open house-type event, so participants can come in anytime they wish.  Please share this information with others!  We would love for you to pass the information along to your organizations and contacts. I have attached a link to the online survey.  (All workshops are scheduled from 4-8 pm.)
    We appreciate the community’s enthusiasm about this topic and look forward to hearing from you!
Sarah E. Johnson
Senior Planner
Planning Division
City of Corvallis
541-766-6574
Can’t make it out? Share your feedback via online surveys

Extra-Special thanks to all DCA-Members who volunteered to be Winery hosts and/or Wine glass outlets for Rhapsody in the Vineyard!
You are the VERY BEST!!   We hope you had lots of new (and return) customers come through  your doors and that you & your staff had a ton of fun and enjoyed the wine walk crowd.

° Darkside Films for 9/22/2017 -  9/28/2017
Over several days Casey and Jin wander the renowned architecture sites of Columbus, Indiana, debating such heady ideas as the healing power of buildings, modernism’s relationship to religion, and why — or whether — architecture means something to them. John Cho, Haley Lu Richardson, Parker Posey. Drama/Romance. 97% RT
COLUMBUS -NR

Menashe, a good-hearted store clerk living in a NY Hasidic Jewish community, struggles against tradition to keep custody of his only son after his wife passes away. Menashe Lustig stars. Drama. 96% RT
MENASHE -PG

Isaac Lachmann is a man in free fall immobilized by mediocrity. What did he do to deserve this? Things were supposed to work out differently for him. Isaac Lachmann had big dreams. Now he just watches as his life unravels. Dark comedy. Nominated for Best Picture at both Sundance and SXSW.
LEMON --NR

Paul Turner~~Le Grand Fromage
Darkside Cinema
215 SW 4th
Corvallis, OR 97333
Office: 541 908 2000
Recording: 541 752 4161
We Suck Less. Every Day. For 19 Years!
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Joan Wessell, EdM, CMSM
Executive Director
Downtown Corvallis Association
PO Box 1536, Corvallis OR   97339
460 SW Madison, Suite 9 Corvallis OR  97333
Voice:  (541) 754-6624
Fax:  (541) 758-4723
Cell:  (541) 740-1326
joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.downtowncorvallis.org

Downtown Corvallis...just what you're looking for!