Education & Eclipses

Title: Education & Eclipses
The most anticipated event of the summer was, without a doubt, the recent solar eclipse.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view it in a browser.

AT&T is finding innovative solutions to help us all become smarter and more connected

George Granger
President
AT&T Oregon

Dear Friends,

The most anticipated event of the summer was, without a doubt, the recent solar eclipse. I hope everyone had an incredible time viewing this once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon in Oregon. At AT&T, we made it a priority to do our part, so that customers who trekked to eclipse viewing hotspots — like Madras and Mitchell, Oregon — could snap, stream and share photos and videos of their experience.

As we say goodbye to summer and prepare for a new school year, I want to wish all of our youth, from kindergarteners to seniors in college, the best of luck with their studies. This time of the year is exciting and usually synonymous with words like “change” and “transformation.” At AT&T, that feeling of innovation never goes away because we are always planning for the future in Oregon.

Whether it’s preparing for the eclipse or to head back to school, AT&T is finding innovative solutions to help us all become smarter and more connected. That’s why I am excited to share the stories below with you today.

Thanks for reading,

George Granger
President — AT&T Oregon
Visit us at: oregon.att.com.
@GeorgeGrangerOR

To post a comment, click here. You can share the news with your friends and colleagues using the social media buttons below:

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

COWS

Click here to watch the video.

“COWs” Enable Eclipse Selfies in Central Oregon

Read time: 1 min.

To help customers share this astronomical moment with their friends and family, AT&T trucked in some very special COWs. But not the kind you would normally think of in the vast cattle lands of Central Oregon. These COWs kept data-hungry crowds connected.

Learn more about AT&T's eclipse coverage.

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

WATCH: Helping people who are blind ‘see’ the solar eclipse

Read time: 1 min.

On Aug. 21, people across the U.S. stepped outside and experienced one of nature’s most visual phenomena — a total solar eclipse. But, what about people who are blind?

The start-up Aira had a possible solution.

Learn more.

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Start the school year strong with the Khan Academy LearnStorm Challenge!

Read time: 2 mins.

Khan Academy’s LearnStorm is a free, 6-week online challenge from Sept. 12 to Oct. 20 that will help students build the skills and mindsets they’ll need for a successful year of learning.

Share LearnStorm with your child's teacher to get their classroom signed up today! You can also sign your child up for Khan Academy and have them complete the LearnStorm challenge on their own, starting Sept. 12.

Learn more here.

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

More competitive tax rates will fuel investment, encourage hiring and increase wages.

Read time: 1 min.

Fixing our broken tax code — something that just about everyone agrees is too complex and confusing — is essential to jump-starting private sector investment and accelerating economic growth.

At AT&T, we are confident that these reforms will encourage all businesses to step up their capital investment plans. Indeed, significant and comprehensive tax reform will put AT&T in a position to invest more, such as in efforts to expand our broadband, fiber and wireless build-out.

Find out more about meaningful tax reform.

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Connect with us

Twitter          Facebook          Blog

AT&T Oregon state site

*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

This e-mail was sent by AT&T Western Region, located at 400 W. 15th Street, Austin, TX 78701 in the USA. To discontinue future e-mails, please click below, or reply to this e-mail with "delist" in the subject line.

©2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy  |  AT&T — 1055 Lenox Park Blvd., Room 4A34, Atlanta, GA 30319-5309.

Please click to unsubscribe

Click HERE to unsubscribe from this newsletter.