Bullying

  • To: "ward7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ward7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Bullying
  • From: Heather <hvephd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 04:40:50 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Dear Mr. Glassmire:

I am afraid I do not know where else to turn after searching through the City of Corvallis website.  I am a resident of Ward 7.  I live on Witham Drive, cross street is Lincoln.

I have a neighbor who has been bullying me for 20 years, and I have finally had enough.  This individual focuses on single women in the neighborhood, he does not seem to direct his attention to intact families (i.e., ones with a male head-of-household).  I guess I am not very courageous as I have not "stood up to him." His threatening behavior (staring at me as I come and go from my house, driving by and watching, standing in the backyard looking through the slats of the fence, etc.,) have kept me on edge for years!  He complains to my neighbors about me, but never speaks with me directly.  He claims my dogs (over the past 20 years) are nuisances and calls the police as an act of power.  I check in with my neighbors and they tell me my dogs are not the problem, the neighbor is.  I have never complained to anyone about him or the racket he makes at all hours of the night.  I've come to conclude that bullies are successful because they rely on the courtesy and "niceness" of others.

I know you cannot intercede for me because the neighbor and I both live in your ward.  But can you tell me who in City government I can turn to?  He is the definition of a bully, yet I am at a loss about what to do.
Thanks for any direction you can provide.
Heather

Heather Emberson
Always be more than you appear, and
never appear to be more than you are.