From: "Heather" <hvephd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ward7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 9:40:50 PM
Subject: Bullying

Dear Mr. Glassmire:

I am afraid I do not know where else to turn after searching through the City
of Corvallis website.  I am a resident of Ward 7.  I live on Witham Drive,
cross street is Lincoln.

I have a neighbor who has been bullying me for 20 years, and I have finally had
enough.  This individual focuses on single women in the neighborhood, he does
not seem to direct his attention to intact families (i.e., ones with a male
head-of-household).  I guess I am not very courageous as I have not "stood up
to him." His threatening behavior (staring at me as I come and go from my
house, driving by and watching, standing in the backyard looking through the
slats of the fence, etc.,) have kept me on edge for years!  He complains to my
neighbors about me, but never speaks with me directly.  He claims my dogs (over
the past 20 years) are nuisances and calls the police as an act of power.  I
check in with my neighbors and they tell me my dogs are not the problem, the
neighbor is.  I have never complained to anyone about him or the racket he
makes at all hours of the night.  I've come to conclude that bullies are
successful because they rely on the courtesy and "niceness" of others.

I know you cannot intercede for me because the neighbor and I both live in your
ward.  But can you tell me who in City government I can turn to?  He is the
definition of a bully, yet I am at a loss about what to do.
Thanks for any direction you can provide.
Heather

Heather Emberson
Always be more than you appear, and
never appear to be more than you are.