From: Ward 7
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:38 AM
To: Traber, Biff <Biff.Traber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Shepard, Mark
<Mark.Shepard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hello Mark, Biff, a complaint about neighborhood bullying? Thanks.
Bill Glassmire

August 29, 2017
Hello Mark, hello Biff,

I trust that this finds you well.

Below is an email from a Ward 7 resident alleging that her neighbor is bullying
her. Do you have any suggestions about how best to answer?

This is what I propose to say:
(1) The city government does not have any way to respond to subjective
complaints like this.
Here are a couple of possible city responses which I expect NOT to mention in
my reply.
(1a) What about the community livability officers in the police department?
(1b) What about the Housing and Neighborhoods Coordinator?
(2) The only response I can think of is for her to talk with her neighbor. She
writes that some of her neighbors have also been bullied. I would suggest that
they consider talking with her neighbor as a group. In either case, individual
or group, I would consider having an observer (me? a livability officer?)
present.

What do you think? As I said, I think that the basic point is, city government
has no way to help?

Thank you. Enjoy the day.

Best wishes,
Bill Glassmire