PUBLIC INPUT: staff recommendation Climate Action Task Force implementation Strategy 15Aug2017

-----Original Message-----
From: City Manager
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 4:20 AM
To: Holzworth, Carla <Carla.Holzworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Public Input Submission

Time to take the survey : 11 min. , 38 sec.
Submission recorded on : 9/5/2017 4:20:26 AM

NAME/ADDRESS:  Brian C Lee,   991 NE Kirsten Pl, Corvallis

TOPIC:   staff recommendation Climate Action Task Force implementation Strategy 15Aug2017

MEETING DATE:  9/5/2017

re: Climate Action Plan Implementation Strategy Staffing Options, 15Aug2017 staff recommendation

Mayor Traber and Honorable Councilors,
The staff recommendation seems to be a reasonable strategy that allows direct liaison between ICAN and the CAAB within current budgetary allowances.  I am concerned about the frequency of meetings for the CAAB.  As a new group, it will need to develop some internal structure, processes, goals, and schedules.  At least in the beginning, I expect it would need somewhat more frequent meetings to establish these and provide an efficient start to working on the CAP .  The actual meeting schedule would be determined by the CAAB.

I suggest wording in the ordinance which would allow flexibility in the frequency of meetings, such as,
4) ...This work includes meeting at least quarterly and:

/original staff recommendation
4) ...This work includes meeting quarterly and: /

Your thoughtful considerations in this important matter are appreciated.

Although I have submitted previous comments on implementation options on behalf of the Corvallis Interfaith Climate Justice Committee, the present comments are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the ICJC.

Sincerely,
Brian C Lee

If you would like to be contacted by the Mayor and City Council with any follow-up questions, please enter an email address or phone number below.

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)