Hello Jeanne, this may interest you ... Bill Glassmire

... I hope that you and Ric are well. Enjoy the fall weather. Best wishes, Bill
Glassmire

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Bag the Ban" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jeanne Raymond" <ward7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:58:06 PM
Subject: New York Times supports jail time for plastic bags?

Hi Jeanne,

Kenya recently passed a law that could send people to jail or fine them up to
$40,000 for manufacturing or importing plastic bags. And guess what? The New
York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/opinion/kenya-plastic-bag-laws.html>loves
this idea and wants the rest of the country to follow Kenya’s lead, or at least
California’s.

The Times is wrong.

Plastic bags are 100% reusable AND recyclable, and while bans and taxes (and
criminalization) might lead to fewer plastic retail bags, they won’t work to
reduce the bigger problems of waste and litter that American communities
actually want to address. These policies are also proven to cause
more unintended consequences for the environment, while costing consumers –
most often senior citizens and low-income families – a pretty penny.

This may be an all-time low for the New York Times, so it’s time we strike back.

Click here to comment on the New York Times’ Facebook post
<https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/posts/10151299668349999> and set the record
straight on plastic bags. If you’re on Twitter, click here to reply to their
tweet <https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/908382390145441792>.

We’re counting on you to stop these absurd lies in their tracks.

Thanks for your help,
The Bag the Ban Team

-=-=-
Bag the Ban - brought to you by the people of NOVOLEX, 101 E Carolina Ave,
Hartsville, SC 29550, United States
This email was sent to ward7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  To stop receiving