Re: Cooperative purchasing agreements -- Nancy Brewer's comments. Bill Glassmire

September 14, 2017
Hello Mike,

I trust that this finds you well.

I only recently read the article you sent about city purchasing from Amazon. I
sent an email to Nancy Brewer. Below is her response. Maybe we will follow up
in the 2018-19 budget process.

Thanks. Enjoy the day.

Best wishes,
Bill Glassmire

As for the Amazon article – we certainly use Amazon for some purchases. Over
the last year we have spent around $185,000 at Amazon. This is about 0.6% of
our non-salary/benefits expenditures. To do more in-depth analysis will take
considerable staff time to explore the types of purchases made and whether each
item could have been purchased at a comparable price locally, or whether the
item was simply not available here. We would need to know whether the Council
as a whole wants us to do this analysis, and if so we would need to plan when
we would have the staff resources available based on audit, budget and system
conversion work demands.