Fwd: Issues with Group Homes in our Neighborhood - Witham Hill Area

September 27, 2017
Hello Chief Sassaman,

I trust that this finds you well.

Below is an email from Kristen Jennings, who lives on Norwood Avenue in Ward 7
(which I represent). She has safety concerns about two group homes in her
neighborhood, one on Norwood Avenue and one on Lynwood Avenue.

Wednesday evening I talked to Ms Jennings on the telephone. I will be out of
town October 10 through November 5, so I asked whether the safety concerns need
prompt action. The Lynwood group home has the most disturbing problems--one
resident uses violent and threatening language in the neighborhood--and the
concerns are serious for her and her neighbors, so we have tentatively arranged
a neighborhood meeting next Tuesday or Wednesday. Further, some of her
neighbors have raised their concerns with the owner of the Lynwood home; the
neighbors feel that the owner did not address their concerns.

I am writing: (1) to let the police know that this neighborhood issue exists;
(2) to ask who, in the city or other regulatory agency, could help Ms Jennings
(and her neighbors) about this issue? and (3) to ask what rules and regulations
I might look at to prepare for the tentative meeting? and any other suggestions?

Thanks, I appreciate your time and your help. Enjoy the day.

Best wishes,
Bill Glassmire
541-752-8416