Congress Resumes Today, Take Action on CREATE Act

  • To: "Frank Hann" <ward8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Congress Resumes Today, Take Action on CREATE Act
  • From: "Americans for the Arts" <advocacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 5 Sep 2017 16:02:37 -0500
  • Vv-message-group: uusV9MPZTIURWcw52d7nrtvs__lm2t76qow_42sdBDYSAKK_pya02kxyAU-Txav_Kp3-2JWuxzjucWKSRDiffvNLepfTa9_RtsTbiS-fyic
  • Vv-message-id: hIAdnowkZowA7T5i3emZwQ

Title: Americans for the Arts
Dear Frank,The U.S. Congress has resumed legislative business today after several weeks of summer recess.  U.S. Representatives and U.S. Senators have been in their home distric
Dear Frank,

The U.S. Congress has resumed legislative business today after several weeks of summer recess.  U.S. Representatives and U.S. Senators have been in their home districts and states holding town halls, meeting with constituents, and visiting schools and businesses.  Now, they're back in Washington and we wanted to give you an update on arts funding and on a bill to support artists, entrepreneurs, and small business.

Funding Uncertainty: Congress hasn't finished work on their funding bills for next year.  In fact, an extension to the September 30th deadline is expected. The U.S. House Committee on Rules will meet this afternoon to review the 900+ amendments filed to Appropriations bills in the past several weeks.  We'll be watching closely for amendments relating to the National Endowment for the Arts, historic preservation, arts education and after-school programs. We are tracking these and many more, and will keep you updated on actions to take as the legislation advances later this week.  Also, next week we anticipate the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee will offer their funding proposal for the NEA and NEH - a key step in the annual process.

Supporting the CREATE Act:  While we prepare for several months of advocacy on FY 2018 funding, there is an important action you can take now on a non-appropriations item.  Senator Tom Udall (D-NM) and Representative Debbie Dingell (D-MI) introduced The CREATE Act on Arts Advocacy Day earlier this year to provide federal support for artists, entrepreneurs and small businesses. Urge your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative to cosponsor The CREATE Act today!  Take two minutes now to contact your federal legislators about this important bill by using our easy contact template.  Let Congress know that the creative economy is a vital part of your community.

The CREATE Act
 aims to more thoroughly serve the people, places, and programs that make our nation’s creative economy prosper in all its cultural, social, and commercial forms.  Watch Senator Udall and Representative Dingell introduce the legislation by clicking the images below:

Want to do more? Help us continue this important work by also becoming an official member of the Arts Action Fund. If you are not already a member, play your part by joining the Arts Action Fund today - it's free and easy to join.

1000 Vermont Avenue NW
6th Floor
Washington DC . 20005
T 202.371.2830
F 202.371.0424

One East 53rd Street . 2nd Floor
New York NY . 10022
T 212.223.2787
F 212.980.4857

info@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.AmericansForTheArts.org
www.ArtsActionFund.org

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.