Downtown Updates - 14 September 2017

  • Subject: Downtown Updates - 14 September 2017
  • From: Joan Wessell <wessellj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:51:21 -0700

Greetings, DCA Members:
(please share this newsletter with your employees)

Upcoming DCA-sponsored events: (Please make note of these dates)
 14 September   Downtown After Hours @ Madison Ave Collective, 5:30-7 pm
 16 September   Rhapsody in the Vineyard - 3:30-7 pm - Throughout Downtown Corvallis
 20 September   Membership Meeting @ Cloud & Kelly’s Public House - 8 am
    Speakers: Mayor Traber, Evan Deffenbacher (Castor Club Restaurant), Alice Derrickson, Parking Enforcement
 20 September   Main Street Grant Meeting (Seismic Retrofitting of Harding Building), DCA Board Room, 10 am
   5  October       Promotions/Marketing Meeting - 8:30 am - Board Room
  10 October    Design Committee Meeting - 8:30 am - Board Room
  11 October       Board Meeting - 8:15 am - Board Room
  12 October   The Toy Factory - 5:30 - 7pm
         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
   31 October  Downtown Trick or Treat

°  Rhapsody in the Vineyard - Saturday, 16 September 2017, 3:30-7 pm
“Rhapsody in the Vineyard Wine Walk“ - presented by the Downtown Corvallis Association features some of Oregon’s premier wineries, offering samples of their finest vintages.

DCA-Member retailers throughout Downtown Corvallis host Oregon wineries, cidery and distillers with representatives on hand to discuss their beverages and answer your questions.
Downtown businesses will offer taste-tempting appetizers along with music and/or artwork by local artisans. Beverages will be available for purchase by the bottle or case.

Beginning at 2:30 pm, stop by any of the glass outlets (listed below) to purchase your wristband/necksling/packet of 10 scrip and souvenir Rhapsody in the Vineyard-logo wine glass.  Safeway has generously provided totes to assist with transporting your bottle purchases. Bring government-issued ID for proof of age (mandatory-OLCC).  You may only purchase a wristband for yourself.
     Entry fee ($5) includes Rhapsody in the Vineyard-logo wine glass and required wristband.
     For hands-free wine tasting, you may also purchase a wine glass necksling for only $5 (in black, burgundy, or pink).
     Packet of 10 scrip (optional), $10 (for your convenience, to pay for your wine samples).

°  Safeway Flu Shots
Flu Season is heading our way and now is the time to make plans for getting your flu shot@ Safeway!
Safeway offers you convenience, competitive pricing and professional service.
Convenience:
Your employees can just walk in to any Safeway location without an appointment!

Flexibility:
Direct insurance carrier billing (provided flu immunization is a covered service)
Direct employee billing-payment collected at time of services inclusive of all discounts!

Questions? Just call Pam Crow @ Safeway 541.750.1160

°  The Inkwell Home Store Update:
Over the next couple of weeks we will be working on a remodel in the front of our store.  We'll be adding new shelving and such for our candles and decor.  So during this time please excuse our mess, some things have moved around but as always we are here to help you find whatever you need!  Thanks!

Jess Longworth
Creative Director
The Inkwell Home Store
234 SW Third St.
Corvallis, OR 97333
541-752-6343

° Visit Running Princess on Thursday for a Great Workout!
If you can’t stop in Wednesday at noon for Yoga, try our NEW Essentrics® class on Thursdays from 12:15pm-12:45pm. Essentrics® is a dynamic, full-body workout that simultaneously combines stretching and strengthening, while engaging all 650 muscles. This low-impact, equipment-free class will leave you feeling energized, youthful and healthy.
- 351 SW Madison Ave., Corvallis • 541-286-4043
untitled.png

°  Breaking the Stress Habit
Self-Care Essentials to Re-pattern Your Nervous System
Learn the self-care habits that create resilience.
Drawing on the science of habit change and the deep wisdom of Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda, we’ll explore:
– Simple bio-hacks to help you quickly ratchet down your stress
– Acu-points, essential oils, and pranayama you can use anytime
– A powerful method for transforming limiting beliefs
– The fundamental habits you need to feel resilient
When: Saturday, September 30th, 11am – 12pm
Where: Love Yoga Studio, 630 NW Hickory Street, Albany, OR 97321
Cost: Free

photo
Brodie Welch, L.Ac.
Licensed Acupuncturist, Self-Care Strategist, Life in Balance Acupuncture, LLC
(541) 757-4868  | brodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | www.brodiewelch.com  | Skype: brodiewelch | 534 NW 4th St. Corvallis, OR 97330

°  Easy Tai Chi and Qi Gong
Experience more energy, better Health, with this 10 week course.
cleardot.gif
You’ll learn tools to last a lifetime, including:
– Breathing exercises and mindful movement for downshifting your nervous system
– Self-massage techniques to relax muscles and open up the channels
– A few of the most powerful acu-points for acupressure self-care
When: Thursdays, 7-8pm, September 14th - November 16th
For more information: contact Joe Moceus, L.Ac. at joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call Life in Balance Acupuncture at (541) 757-4868. Link to site: http://corvallishealing.com/live-events/

°  Darkside Films for 9/15/2017 -  9/21/2017
The riveting and rousing follow-up shows just how close we are to a real energy revolution. VP Al Gore is busy training an army of climate champions and influencing international climate policy. 72% RT
AN INCONVENIENT SEQUEL: TRUTH TO POWER —NR

An unhinged social media stalker moves to LA and insinuates herself into the life of an Instagram celebrity. Aubrey Plaza, Elizabeth Olsen. Drama/Comedy. 86% RT
INGRID GOES WEST -R

Take notice of the world we live in, proactively seek ways to find personal and ecological peace, and stop the cycle of violence. Documentary. Deepak Chopra, David Lynch, Desmond Tutu & others.
ROOTED IN PEACE -NR
One night only: Sept. 21
88 minutes

After a heist goes awry, a bank robber tries to free his brother from Rikers Island, all in one night. “Vivid, nerve-rattling thriller.” Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Ben Safdie. Crime Drama. 88% RT
GOOD TIME -R

Isaac Lachmann is a man in free fall immobilized by mediocrity. What did he do to deserve this? Things were supposed to work out differently for him. Isaac Lachmann had big dreams. Now he just watches as his life unravels. Dark comedy. Nominated for Best Picture at both Sundance and SXSW.
LEMON --NR

Paul Turner~~Le Grand Fromage
Darkside Cinema
215 SW 4th
Corvallis, OR 97333
Office: 541 908 2000
Recording: 541 752 4161
We Suck Less. Every Day. For 19 Years!

Have a supercalifragilisticexpealidocious weekend,

Regards,
Joan

Joan Wessell, EdM, CMSM
Executive Director
Downtown Corvallis Association
PO Box 1536, Corvallis OR   97339
460 SW Madison, Suite 9 Corvallis OR  97333
Voice:  (541) 754-6624
Fax:  (541) 758-4723
Cell:  (541) 740-1326
joan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.downtowncorvallis.org

Downtown Corvallis...just what you're looking for!