PUBLIC INPUT: Climate Action Plan

-----Original Message-----
From: City Manager
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 5:06 PM
To: Holzworth, Carla <Carla.Holzworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Public Input Submission

Time to take the survey : 26 min. , 41 sec.
Submission recorded on : 10/2/2017 5:06:15 PM

NAME/ADDRESS:   Taryn E. Bazurto, 2752 NW Short St, Corvallis

TOPIC:   Climate Actiion Advisory Board.

MEETING DATE:  10/2/2017

Good evening members of the Council,

As I will still be with patients when the City's Council's next meeting occurs, I would respectfully ask that an empowered Climate Action advisory Board, based on the model submitted by the Sierra Club in partnership with Our Children’s Trust, be adopted by the City of Corvallis.

We live in a beautiful city, known for its commitment to sustainability and the environment, and an effective advisory board--with the input of science and necessary resources so they can best inform the City Council--seems fully in keeping with the values of our city and state.

With the recent changes of attitude at the federal level towards Global Climate Change/Science, there is a vacuum of leadership that I want my city--our home--to fill. This is an opportunity for Corvallis to empower our values and make our future better for all.

Thank you for all the hard work you and your staff do.

Kindly,
Taryn E. Bazurto

If you would like to be contacted by the Mayor and City Council with any follow-up questions, please enter an email address or phone number below.

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)