"Transitioning to a Post Carbon Society" - Wed. 7 pm @ the library

Dear Mayor Traber and Members of City Council,

I hope you’ll be able to attend this important program, sponsored by the Post Carbon Institute (recently re-located from the Bay Area to Corvallis), the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, and the Spring Creek Project.

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

541-230-1237

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

Celebrating 10 years of connecting people and organizations to create a sustainable community

Transitioning to a Post Carbon Society • August 30

Don’t miss this special opportunity to hear Richard Heinberg and meet the Post Carbon Institute staff.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/heinberg-thumb.jpgTransitioning to a Post Carbon Society in the Age of Denial
Wednesday, August 30, 7–8:30 pm

Corvallis-Benton County Public Library

Richard Heinberg is the author of thirteen books, including some of the seminal works on society’s current energy and environmental crises. He is Senior Fellow of the Post Carbon Institute and is regarded as one of the world’s foremost advocates for a shift away from our current reliance on fossil fuels.

To transition society away from our reliance on climate-changing fossil fuels, one of the most effective responses is local grassroots action, to build resilience at the community level. This is where those most affected by government policy have the greatest ability to shape it. It’s also the place where it may still be possible to work around political stereotypes to identify common values and goals.

Learn more at this important event!

For further details, contact Rob Dietz, robdietz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Sponsored by Post Carbon Institute, Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, and OSU’s Spring Creek Project.

Post Carbon Institute recently moved their main office from the Bay Area to Corvallis. Come meet the PCI staff on August 30, and find out why PCI is such an important player in the transition to a post carbon world.