New York Times supports jail time for plastic bags?

  • To: Hal Brauner <ward9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New York Times supports jail time for plastic bags?
  • From: Bag the Ban <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 20:58:07 +0000 (UTC)

Title: Bag the Ban
Hi Hal,

Kenya recently passed a law that could send people to jail or fine them up to $40,000 for manufacturing or importing plastic bags. And guess what? The New York Times loves this idea and wants the rest of the country to follow Kenya’s lead, or at least California’s.

The Times is wrong.

Plastic bags are 100% reusable AND recyclable, and while bans and taxes (and criminalization) might lead to fewer plastic retail bags, they won’t work to reduce the bigger problems of waste and litter that American communities actually want to address. These policies are also proven to cause more unintended consequences for the environment, while costing consumers – most often senior citizens and low-income families – a pretty penny.

This may be an all-time low for the New York Times, so it’s time we strike back.

Click here to comment on the New York Times’ Facebook post and set the record straight on plastic bags. If you’re on Twitter, click here to reply to their tweet.

We’re counting on you to stop these absurd lies in their tracks.

Thanks for your help,
The Bag the Ban Team

Bag the Ban is brought to you by the people of NOVOLEX,
a global leader in plastic bag recycling and manufacturing.

101 East Carolina Avenue, Hartsville, SC 29550
©2014, NOVOLEX | Read our privacy policy.

This email was sent to ward9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Bag the Ban on Facebook.