T4A PNW Update: Busy Squirrels

  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: T4A PNW Update: Busy Squirrels
  • From: Chris Rall <chris.rall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:25:32 -0700

Friends,

Have you ever noticed how squirrels get so busy this time of year that they sometimes do crazy things? I had one nearly run under my bike wheel this week! Well, it seems we humans are busy too. Read on about the many transportation issues moving right now, and stay safer than the squirrels out there!

Go big or go home: Massachusetts leaders get inspired in Seattle
This month, a delegation of elected officials, business and civic leaders, funders, and transportation advocates from Massachusetts traveled to Seattle to see firsthand the specific ways that Seattle is investing in transportation to build strong local communities, thriving neighborhoods, and growing businesses. Here’s a post about it.

Arts, Culture and Transportation: A Creative Placemaking Field Scan
Webinar: Fri., Oct. 13, 10-11am PDT
This week, T4A, in partnership with ArtPlace, introduced Arts, Culture and Transportation: A Creative Placemaking Field Scan, a rigorous national examination of creative placemaking in the transportation planning process. This new resource identifies ways that transportation professionals can integrate artists to deliver transportation projects more smoothly, improve safety, and build community support. Included in the report is the case study of our partners’ creative placemaking work on the Division Rapid Bus project in East Portland. Check out the report and join us for a webinar about it on Oct. 13.

Federal Autonomous Vehicle Legislation
The House passed AV legislation earlier this month and the Senate is currently working on their version – and word is they’re close to completing it. T4A has been engaged to make sure the concerns and needs of local jurisdictions are taken into account. This includes issues like safety, data-sharing and local control. You can read up on what’s been happening on the issue here.

Statement from T4A on House Passage of THUD Appropriations
On Thursday, September 14, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 3354, the “Make America Secure and Prosperous Appropriations Act, 2018”, which contains the fiscal year 2018 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development (THUD) appropriations. Beth Osborne, interim T4America director, issued this response. Stay tuned and engaged as we fight for a much better Senate bill.

Upcoming Events

TCC Transit Talks: Innovations in Access
Thurs., Sept. 28, 12-1pm, Seattle City Hall – Bertha Knight Landes Room

Washington State Rideshare Organization Annual Conference
Oct. 9-10, Wenatchee

T4A Webinar: Creative Placemaking Field Scan
Fri., Oct. 13, 10-11am PDT

2017 Walkable Washington Symposium
Wed., Oct. 18, Northwest African American Museum, Seattle

Thanks for all you do!
-Chris

--
Chris Rall, Program Manager, Pacific Northwest
chris.rall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxph: 971-230-4745