- The Planning Commission and City Council are holding public hearings, concerning proposed changes to the Land Development Code. The Planning Commission held a public hearing on March 19, 2014, considered public testimony submitted through April 2, 2014, and on April 16th, deliberated, and adopted a final recommendation for the proposed amendments, to be forwarded to City Council.
- The City Council held a public hearing on June 16, 2014. They will deliberate and likely decide on this matter on July 21, 2014. Final implementation orders and an effective date will be determined at that time. Click on the following links to access documents and audio related to the Planning Commission and City Council meetings.
- CITY COUNCIL
- PLANNING COMMISSION
- January 30, 2014, Staff Memo to Planning Commission (for February 5, 2014 Planning Commission meeting)
- Staff Report to the Planning Commission for the March 19, 2014 Public Hearing
- Written Testimony received through April 2, 2014
- Planning Commission Minutes from March 19, 2014 (coming soon)
- Planning Commission Audio from March 19, 2014 (this is a large file and may take some time to download
- Planning Commission Audio from April 16, 2014 (this is a large file and may take some time to download)
- Packet for April 16, 2014, Planning Commission deliberations
At the October 7, 2013, City Council meeting, the City Council was presented with a memorandum from the Community Development Director regarding the City-OSU Collaboration Project and associated action requests. The
memorandum proposed a schedule and course of action for the consideration of two packages of Land Development Code (LDC) Amendments, largely, but not entirely, associated with recommendations stemming from the City-OSU Collaboration Project.
The first proposed package, Package #1, includes a number of recommended Land Development Code Amendments from the Neighborhood Planning Work Group, along with the development of text amendments to facilitate code-compliant changes within approved Planned Developments and the development of text amendments to help facilitate certain types of historic reviews. The recommendations from the Neighborhood Planning Work Group have also been reviewed and recommended by the City-OSU Collaboration Steering Committee.
At the October 7, 2013, City Council meeting, the Council authorized Community Development staff to begin work on the development of Package #1.
At its February 5, 2014, meeting, the Planning Commission considered the conceptual framework for the proposed code amendments. The code amendment items to be considered, some of which have been modified during the course of the public hearing process, are contained in the documents listed above. The latest version of the proposed amendments can be found in the Staff Memo to the City Council, dated June 9, 2014.
All of the documents listed above, and other background materials can be downloaded from the LDT13-00003 / LDT13-00002 project file.