City Hall Ambassadors are volunteers who provide reception services at the front desk of
City Hall at 501 SW Madison Avenue.
The program won the Excellence in Governance Award from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
- Greet and welcome City Hall visitors
- Respond to visitor inquiries about City services and programs
- Provide directions to City facilities and meeting room locations (utility bills, Municipal Court, etc.)
- Refer visitors to the appropriate business or organization (Chamber of Commerce, Community Outreach, etc.)
- Maintain and update brochure rack in lobby
Shifts are scheduled in three-hours blocks from 8 am to 11 am; 11 am to 2 pm; and 2 pm to 5 pm, Monday through Friday (non holidays). Parking is provided!
- Effective interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to accomplish routine tasks independently and handle non-routine responsibilities with limited supervision/instruction
- Ability to work with the general public and City departments, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting diversity
- Demonstrable commitment to sustainability
- Ability to provide simple directions
- Experience working with the public
- Experience with, or knowledge about, local government preferred
- General familiarity of the Corvallis community
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Criminal background check required
Ambassadors will receive training from City staff. Click here to access our online application.
For more information, contact Paul Jacobson at email@example.com.
Corvallis is a community that honors diversity