24-Hour Inspection Request Line: 541-766-6745
The Development Services front counter is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Permit Technicians are available during this time to process permit applications and answer general questions.
PLEASE NOTE: Plan review staff are available for questions at the front counter, and to answer phone messages and emails, from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Plan review staff are generally unavailable between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., which is set aside for "heads-down" plan review time, so that projects can receive uninterrupted and concentrated effort in being reviewed and approved. If you need to consult with plan review staff outside of their available hours, please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an appointment.
It is the mission of the Development Services Division to facilitate the construction of approved development projects, provide development information to the public, and enforce community livability standards. We do this by:
- Acting as the City’s central point of contact for zoning, building construction questions and citizen complaints;
- Reviewing plans, issuing permits, and conducting inspections for approved development projects;
- Participating in the development of state and national codes and standards;
- Interpreting and applying building safety codes and construction standards; and
- Applying Land Development Code, Municipal Code and other City standards.