In the 2015 Get There campaign, participants across Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties tracked 46,442 non-drive-alone miles, enough to go around the Earth almost twice! This included 1,498 bike trips, 255 bus trips, 1,211 carpool trips, 288 vanpool trips, and 425 walk trips, eliminating about 60,097 pounds of CO2!
Get There Corvallis 2016 will take place from May 2nd -22nd. The City of Corvallis, Cascades West Rideshare, area merchants and organizations, and your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) encourage you to leave your single-occupancy vehicle (SOV) at home and travel to work, school or shopping ANOTHER WAY!
Do this at least once during May 2-22, and you’ll be eligible to win terrific PRIZES! Each day you use an environmentally friendly transportation option and register a trip by cycling, walking, carpool/vanpool, transit or telecommuting, you increase your chance of winning prizes such as:
- Two overnight stays at Chinook Winds Casino!
Track 5 trips at www.DriveLessConnect.com to be eligible for these great prizes, and track just 1 trip to be eligible for gift certificates to local restaurants, shops and more!
- Getting there another way costs less: compare your actual costs at www.rideshareonline.com/commuters/calculator.html
- Corvallis buses are fareless!
- Active transportation is part of a healthy lifestyle and helps you arrive at your destination more alert and invigorated.
- Commute time on the bus or a shared ride becomes free time to read, rest, or catch up on work.
Details on specific Get There Corvallis events, e.g., panel discussions on “Biking with Kids” and Bike Repair classes, etc., are available on the calendar here.
And, click here for the 2016 Get There brochure.
For more information on your transportation options, contact your organization’s ETC or the City of Corvallis Transportation Options Program at 541-754-1730 or Gregory.Wilson@corvallisoregon.gov.