What's Planned in My Neighborhood? Active Land
It is the mission of the Planning Division to facilitate land use planning efforts for the community consistent with state mandates and the community’s "vision." We do this by:
- Participating in the development of the community’s "vision" and its implementation through City policies and programs;
- Understanding state and federal programs and regulations regarding land use planning and assuring consistency with them;
- Participating in the development or modification of federal, state, and local land use planning programs and regulations.
- Acting as the City’s central point of contact regarding long-range land use planning for areas within the Urban Growth Boundary;
- Coordinating development review, consistent with the Corvallis Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code, for land use proposals that require action from elected and appointed bodies;
- Developing and implementing community development projects and programs aimed at maintaining or enhancing quality of life in the community; and
- Ensuring citizen participation opportunities in the land use process.