The Walnut Community Room is a large, modern, and airy meeting space that is surrounded by woods and meadows. It is a quiet place, sheltered from the hustle and bustle of the busy city by a stand of trees. Large windows lining two of the walls allow guests to enjoy the room's beautiful natural surroundings. Located just down the road from Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, it is a quiet space that offers easy access to the walking trails, children's play area, sports fields, and other amenities of Martin Luther King, Jr. Park. it is a great space for meetings, informal parties, and reunions, and has plenty of parking.
|About the Walnut Community Room|
|Room capacity: 77|
Hours available for rentals: 8 am - 10 pm
Dimensions and size: 27' x 39' (1,053 sq. feet)
Directions: Fair Oaks Drive is off of Walnut Blvd., and is just south of Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
|Included Amenities:|| Included Equipment (availability and condition of items listed below are not guaranteed) :|
- cathedral ceilings with exposed pine beams
- custom-stained concrete floor
- in-room sink with potable water
- water fountain (outside the meeting room)
- small counter space with cabinets
- ceiling fans (remote controlled)
- climate-controlled (preset heat or air conditioning)
- handicap-accessible restrooms (2)
- several 110-volt electrical outlets
- 25 parking spaces (2 handicap permit-only)
- stacking chairs (53)
- folding chairs (44)
- 8' folding tables (8)
- projection screen
- Two 65" wide white boards
(1 hour minimum rental per date - reserved time must include time for set up and teardown)
- Mondays - Thursdays: $40 per hour ($36 per hour for tax-exempt organizations certified by the IRS)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $50 per hour ($45 per hour for tax-exempt organizations certified by the IRS)
- Alcohol may be consumed with the purchase of a $12 Alcohol Permit and proof of $1 million in General Liability insurance. This document provides instructions and suggestions for obtaining the required insurance.
- Sound permit (if amplified sound will be used): $5. You will be given a copy of the City's codes regarding amplified sound in public places and must agree to abide by them
All fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to your event.
Accessing the Walnut Community Room for Your Reservation
- Contact Corvallis Parks & Recreation Main Office at 541-766-6918 the week of your reservation to get the key-code that will enable you to access the rental space. Please call or visit during regular business hours (excluding holidays).
- Access to or use of the building before or after the time listed on your rental permit is prohibited.
Ready to make your reservation?
Call Parks & Recreation's Main Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Community Room Rental Options:
Chintimini Senior & Community Center Majestic Theatre Osborn Aquatic Center