The Maple Grove Shelter is located in a secluded grove of trees near the Marys River on the northwest side of the Park. It includes a children's play area and limited river views and is within easy walking distance of the Rose Garden. A short walk through the woods leads to restrooms and another, larger children's play area. The Maple Grove Shelter is available to rent year-round.
|About the Maple Grove Shelter in the Avery Park & Natural Area|
|Capacity: 50 under the roof; 100 in the surrounding area|
(view shelter's location on Avery Park & Natural Area map) (PDF)
|Maple Grove Shelter Features:|
- Large barbeque
- Generally six standard picnic tables at the shelter
- Limited views of the Marys River
- Playground equipment including swings and a tire climbing structure
- Potable water via a nearby drinking fountain
- 110V power outlets
- Automatic lights that come on at dusk
|Rental Times & Rates|
The Maple Grove Shelter is rented in 4-hour time blocks.
Your reservation time must include time to set up and tear down your
event. Your time block choices are 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 5 pm;
and 6 pm to 10 pm. If you reserve more than one time block for
your event, the hour in between time blocks is yours at no additional
charge. Rates are:
fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements
may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard
group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to
- Mondays - Thursdays: $55 per 4-hour block ($50 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $70 per 4-hour block ($55 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
Additional Options to Enhance Your Rental
- Softball, Horseshoe, Croquet & Volleyball Equipment: Equipment
sets for playing softball, horseshoes, croquet, and volleyball are
available for rent from the Avery Office for $10 per set, per day. A
$25 credit card deposit is required (fully refunded upon return of the
Ready to make your reservation?
Call the Parks & Recreation Avery Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Outdoor Rental Options:
Chintimini Park Rentals Plazas & Other Outdoor Spaces Otter Beach & Outdoor Pools Sports Fields