The Lions Shelter is a large shelter located close to two of the Park's most well-loved attractions, the historic locomotive and the dinosaur bones. It includes an incredibly long picnic table (carved from a single Douglas fir tree), plus ample outdoor cooking facilities, electricity, and a children's play area. The Park's extensive horseshoe pit area is just a short walk away. The Lions Shelter is available to rent year-round.
|About the Lions Shelter in the Avery Park & Natural Area|
|Capacity: 100 under the roof; 300 in the surrounding area|
(view shelter's location on Avery Park & Natural Area map) (PDF)
|Lions Shelter Features:|
- Four large barbeques
- A 93' wood picnic table carved from a single Douglas fir
- Playground equipment
- Potable water via a sink inside the shelter
- 110V power outlets
- Automatic lights that come on at dusk
- Restrooms on-site (four, handicap accessible)
|Rental Times & Rates|
The Lions Shelter is rented in 4-hour time blocks.
Your reservation time must include time to set up and tear down your
event. Your time block choices are 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 5 pm;
and 6 pm to 10 pm. If you reserve more than one time block for
your event, the hour in between time blocks is yours at no additional
charge. Rates are:
- Mondays - Thursdays: $55 per 4-hour block ($50 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $70 per 4-hour block ($55 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements
may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard
group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to
Additional Options to Enhance Your Rental
- Softball, Horseshoe, Croquet & Volleyball Equipment: Equipment
sets for playing softball, horseshoes, croquet, and volleyball are
available for rent from the Avery Office for $10 per set, per day. A
$25 credit card deposit is required (fully refunded upon return of the
Ready to make your reservation?
Call the Parks & Recreation Avery Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Outdoor Rental Options:
Chintimini Park Rentals Plazas & Other Outdoor Spaces Otter Beach & Outdoor Pools Sports Fields