Due to construction in Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, the Walnut Barn is
closed to new reservations
through March 30, 2018. Reservations are being taken for events to be held after March 30, 2018.
If you need an event venue before April 1, 2018, please consider one
of our other shelters or the Bald Hill Barn. Thank you for your support
as we work to make a great park even better.
The Walnut Barn is a converted barn sitting atop a small hill that gives great views of the Park's meadows. Horseshoe courts and volleyball standards are nearby, and a children's play area is within sight (the Park also has two softball fields). Dogs are allowed off-leash in some sections of the Park, but not near the Barn. The Walnut Barn is available April 1 through October 31 each year.
|About the Walnut Barn in Martin Luther King, Jr. Park|
|Capacity: 120 under the roof|
|Walnut Barn Features:|
- Two large barbeques
- Furnished with a combination of movable picnic tables and fixed, built-in benches/picnic tables
- Play equipment nearby
- Access to nearby handicap-accessible portable toilet
- Automatic indoor/outdoor lights that come on at dusk
- Space for 12 cars near the barn (parking along the driveway is prohibited)
- Space for 50 additional cars in the park on a first-come, first-served basis
|Rental Times & Rates|
The Walnut Barn is rented in 4-hour time blocks. Your reservation time must include time to set up and tear down your event. Your time block choices are 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 5 pm; and 6 pm to 10 pm. If you reserve more than one time block for your event, the hour in between time blocks is offered at no additional charge. Rates are:
- Mondays - Thursdays: $80 per 4-hour block ($58 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $106 per 4-hour block ($95 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Gate Key Deposit: You can check out a key to open the gate. We will ask for credit card information and you will be charged $25 if the key is not returned and our efforts to contact you are not successful.
All fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to your event.
Optional Special Use Permits
Additional Options to Enhance Your Rental
- Softball, Horseshoes, Croquet & Volleyball Equipment: Equipment sets for playing softball, horseshoes, croquet, and volleyball are available for rent from the Avery Office for $10 per set, per day. A $25 credit card deposit is required (fully refunded upon return of the equipment).
Ready to make your reservation?
Call the Parks & Recreation Avery Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Outdoor Rental Options:
Chintimini Park Rentals Plazas & Other Outdoor Spaces Otter Beach & Outdoor Pools Sports Fields