The Peffer Amphitheater in Bruce Starker Arts Park is a great venue for concerts, festivals, and other large events. The Amphitheater includes a large, covered stage that is 3/4 encircled by a "bowl" of gently sloping grass (one quarter of the stage faces the Park's duck pond). It is a serenely lovely venue, centrally-located within the Park, with easy access to park amenities like play equipment, swings, a slide, and a climbing structure. A small picnic shelter, ADA accessible playground, restroom, two lighted ball fields, and a half basketball court are also available a short walk away at nearby Sunset Park. The Peffer Amphitheater is available to rent year-round.
|About the Peffer Amphitheater in Bruce Starker Arts Park|
|Capacity: 100 under the stage's roof; 2,000 in the area |
Location: off of Country Club Place, near the SW 4th Street/Country Club Drive intersection
(across from the Sunset Park ball fields)
|The Peffer Amphitheater Features:|
* To help protect our duck friends and other wildlife, the grassy area near the duck pond is not included in reservations. To encourage appropriate migration, park users are prohibited from feeding the wildlife.
- Large outdoor event or concert venue
- Easy access to the stage via two stairs and two ramps
- Electricity, including a 50 amp plug (access to electricity via a locked circuit panel box - renter must contact the Avery Office during its regular business hours to get the combination code)
- Potable water via a nearby drinking fountain
- Renter-provided tables and chairs allowed (cannot block access to the walking paths or lawns)
- Ample parking
- Access to a single, handicap accessible restroom (April 1 - October 31 only); with the option to add privately rented portable restrooms (siting must be approved by Parks staff)
- Option to allow alcohol service & consumption, the selling of products and services, and/or amplified sound (permits required)
|Rental Times & Rates|
The Peffer Amphitheater is rented in 4-hour time blocks.
Your reservation time must include time to set up and tear down your
event. Your time block choices are (1) 8 am to 12 pm; (2) 1 pm to 5 pm;
and/or (3) 6 pm to 10 pm. If you reserve more than one time block for
your event, the hour in between time blocks is offered at no additional
charge. Rates are:
fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements
may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard
group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to
- Mondays - Thursdays: $80 per 4-hour block ($58 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $106 per 4-hour block ($95 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
Optional Special Use Permits
(alcohol service and consumption allowed until 10 pm with permit): $12
[permit must be requested at least 30 days prior to the event, and can
only be issued to someone age 21 and over (ID required)]. You will be
given a copy of the City's codes regarding alcohol in public places and
must agree to abide by them.
- Concessions (required for events involving an admission fee or the sale of products/services): $120
(amplified): $5. You will be given a copy of the City's codes regarding
amplified sound in public places and must agree to abide by them.
- Site plan review by Parks Division staff (if needed): $50 minimum
Ready to make your reservation?
Call the Parks & Recreation Avery Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Outdoor Rental Options:
Chintimini Park Rentals Park Shelters Otter Beach & Outdoor Pools Sports Fields