The Rose Garden is one of Corvallis' most popular weddings and outdoor event venues. From May to October, the Garden is is blooming with roses, making it a dramatic and beautiful backdrop for your event (the Garden is available for rent April 1 - October 31). The Garden is full of little surprises, from picturesque wrought-iron benches and arbors to permanent art pieces, inviting the visitor to wander the Garden's trails to discover its hidden treasures. The Garden also features a romantic arbor at its heart that is the perfect site for a wedding. Nearby picnic shelters, playgrounds, horseshoe court, and ball fields provide options to craft an event that is uniquely yours, while the Park's famous locomotive and the riverside viewing areas are the perfect backdrop for formal photos.
|About the Rose Garden at Avery Park & Natural Area|
|Capacity: 100 in the grassy area just outside of the Garden |
(view shelter's location on Avery Park & Natural Area map) (PDF)
|The Gazebo Features:|
- Over 250 varieties of roses, in bloom from May to October (full bloom is in June)*
- Elegant and relaxing natural setting, with arbors, benches, art, and paved and soft-surface trails scattered throughout the Garden
- A large grassy area for guest seating
- Potable water from a nearby drinking fountain
- Portable restroom located within walking distance (April 1 through October 31)
- Renter-provided electricity generators, rental equipment, and catering allowed
- Ample parking
- Options to allow alcohol service & consumption, the selling of products and services, and/or amplified sound (permits required)
* In order to preserve and protect the natural beauty of the Rose Garden for all to enjoy, both renters and the general public are prohibited from clipping roses, harvesting petals, and/or removing rose petals from the ground, per Corvallis Municipal Code Section 5.01.170. The use of rice, bird seed, artificial flower petals and streamers is also prohibited..
|Rental Times & Rates|
The Rose Garden is rented in 4-hour time blocks.
Your reservation time must include time to set up and tear down your
event. Your time block choices are (1) 8 am to 12 pm; (2) 1 pm to 5 pm;
and/or (3) 6 pm to 10 pm. If you reserve more than one time block for
your event, the hour in between time blocks is offered at no additional
charge. Rates are:
- Mondays - Thursdays: $106 per 4-hour block ($95 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
- Fridays - Sundays and Holidays: $133 per 4-hour block ($122 per 4-hour block for IRS-certified tax-exempt organizations)
fees are subject to change without notice. Additional fees/requirements
may apply, especially for activities or events outside of a standard
group gathering. Our staff can help you determine if these fees apply to
Optional Special Use Permits
(alcohol service and consumption allowed until 10 pm with permit): $12
[permit must be requested at least 30 days prior to the event, and can
only be issued to someone age 21 and over (ID required)]. You will be
given a copy of the City's codes regarding alcohol in public places and
must agree to abide by them.
- Concessions (required for events involving an admission fee or the sale of products/services): $120
(amplified): $5. You will be given a copy of the City's codes regarding
amplified sound in public places and must agree to abide by them.
- Site plan review by Parks Division staff (if needed): $50 minimum
Additional Options to Enhance Your Rental
- Picnic Shelters: There are five picnic shelters within waling distance from the Garden; all shelters are available for rent. The picnic shelters have electricity and at least one barbecue grill, plus a variety of other amenitiesl. The Lions Shelter has potable water available via a sink, and Townsend Shelter has potable water available from a faucet. The Fire Side Shelter, Maple Grove
Shelter, and Thompson Shelter have potable water available via nearby water fountains.
- Reservable Ball Fields: All ball fields within Avery Park and Natural Area are available on a first come, first served basis unless specifically reserved via a permit for your event. If you would like to ensure that there are no ballgames nearby during your event, it is recommended that you reserve the nearby ball fields. The rates for reserving a ball field are:
- Monday - Thursday: $35 per 2 hour period or $75 for exclusive use all day (8 am - 10 pm)
- Friday - Sunday & Holidays: $55 per 2 hour period or $100 for exclusive use all day (8 am - 10 pm)
- Softball, Horseshoe, Croquet & Volleyball Equipment: Equipment sets for playing softball, horseshoes, croquet, and volleyball are available for rent from the Avery Office for $10 per set, per day. A $25 credit card deposit is required (fully refunded upon return of the equipment).
- Tunison Community Room: Brides often reserve this nearby community room for pre-wedding preparations. The Tunison Community Room is an indoor space that's roomy enough to accommodate the entire bridal party while they prep for the big day.
Ready to make your reservation?
Call the Parks & Recreation Avery Office at (541) 766-6918.
Explore Other Outdoor Rental Options:
Chintimini Park Rentals Park Shelters Otter Beach & Outdoor Pools Sports Fields