Human Resources is dedicated to partnering with City departments to recruit, develop and retain a high quality workforce that is committed to excellence in public service. The Human Resources Team strives to deliver quality customer service and to be a professional resource for managers and employees.
- Teamwork: Our success is dependent upon the collective efforts of hard-working and innovative individuals and teams. We honor our diversity and value the input of others’ ideas and efforts.
- Communication: We encourage open communication that fosters positive employee-management relations in an atmosphere of mutual respect and collaboration.
- Responsiveness: We have a passion for service and are committed to responding in a timely manner to all requests and inquiries. We will use data and feedback to improve our service delivery and processes.
- Change and Innovation: We are open to new ideas, we take feedback in a constructive manner and we explore new ways to enhance our services through technology.
- Training and Development: We are committed to improving the knowledge base of our employees and managers so as an organization we work in a smart, safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies and practices.
- Performance: We will support a performance management system that establishes effective recruiting, on-boarding, job descriptions and performance appraisal tools with the understanding that all employees play a significant role in the success of the City’s mission.
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We will conduct our work in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty and trust.