Corvallis Parks and Recreation strives to work with the community to eliminate fees as a barrier to participation in classes and activities. We do not want any child or adult to be left out of the fun simply because their income is limited.

These financial scholarships are awarded on a fiscal year basis - July 1 through June 30.  Thanks to donations from the Benton County Foundation, businesses, and individuals, Parks and Recreation can offer individuals and families financial scholarships to cover fees. If your income is between 0 and 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you can receive 100% off the cost of activities and classes, up to the $150 maximum in financial assistance per family member per fiscal year. The scholarship can be used to pay for most recreation programs, including those at Parks and Recreation, Osborn Aquatic Center, Chintimini Senior and Community Center, and the Majestic Theatre. In addition, each family member will receive free access to Toddler Time, Lap Swimming and Open Recreation Swim at Osborn Aquatic Center for one year. Please note that membership will not be valid until Membership Agreement Form is filled out and turned in at Osborn Aquatic Center.

Donations to help support this neighbor-friendly program are accepted year-round and are always appreciated! 

How the plan works

Participants use the $150 award towards the cost of most of the Recreation classes listed in our Activity Guide, including classes at the Osborn Aquatic Center, Chintimini Senior and Community Center and the Majestic Theatre.

While the award can be used to help pay for most Parks & Recreation classes, Family Assistance may not be used to pay for:

•Drop-in class fees
•LBCC co-sponsored classes
•Osborn admission fees
•Classes that require students pay at the class

How to apply

Award applications are currently being accepted for Fiscal Year 16/17, which is from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.

To apply:

1. Complete the Family Assistance Program application (PDF) (aplicación en Español). Applications are also available at the Parks and Recreation Office in Avery Park, Osborn Aquatic Center, and the Chintimini Senior Center.

3. Attach your proof of eligibility. Preferred documentation may include, but is not limited to:  Proof of Public Assistance (TANF, WIC); Copy of Oregon Health Plan Cards; Copy of Social Security Benefits; Copy of Unemployment Benefits; Verification of eligibility provided through Benton County Health Department; Verification of eligibility provided through the 509J School District Free/Reduced Lunches. If you do not have one of the preferred methods to verify income, submit one of the following: Copy of most recent paycheck for all those currently employed; copy of the front page of most recent tax returns. We do not accept bank statements or unofficial documentation as proof of income or unemployment.

4. Submit the completed application with attached proof of eligibility to Parks and Recreation. Applications are accepted at the Parks and Recreation Office in Avery Park, at the Osborn Aquatic Center, and at the Chintimini Senior and Community Center. Or mail your application and proof of eligibility to: Corvallis Parks and Recreation, 1310 SW Avery Park Drive, Corvallis, OR 97333, or fax to our office at 541-754-1701.

Allow 10 business days for processing. Applicants will be notified by mail of their Family Assistance status within 10 business days of submitting the application and documentation of eligibility. Your eligibility will be determined based on your total household income when compared to the Poverty Guideline chart. Information regarding application status will not be given in person or over the telephone.

Last updated: 8/11/2016 4:43:26 PM