Corvallis Parks & Recreation is in the planning stage for the renovation and expansion of the Chintimini Senior & Community Center and its parking areas. The Center is in need of expansion and additional parking to accommodate the needs of the community (relocation of the Center was considered by the Corvallis City Council;their direction was to keep the Center in its current location). Because the Center is located adjacent to Chintimini Park, the Park's master plan will also be developed as part of this process.
Current Project Status
Three community meetings have been held to date. In response to the feedback received at the community meetings, the original design options were revised. These revised design options for the Center and Chintimini Park were presented to the City Council at their March 9 work session (view presentation).
Choose from the options below to see the floor plans and associated park diagrams that are under consideration. Also below are links to current floor plan and diagram for the Center and Chintimini Park, as well as select images from other community centers that have served as inspiration for some of the potential changes.
Upcoming Public/Community Meetings
Past Public/Community Meetings & Minutes
If you have any questions or comments please contact:
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: introduced the project and solicited feedback for the development of the plan. (Meeting minutes)
- Thursday, August 25, 2016: three meetings were held to solicit feedback from the a variety of stakeholders.
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016: introduced design options for the Center and Chintimini Park, and solicited feedback from the community. (Meeting minutes)
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Parks, Natural Areas and Recreation Board meeting: presentation and discussion of the updated design options. (Meeting minutes)
- Thursday, March 9, 2017: City Council Work Session: Parks & Recreation staff presented an update on the project to the City Council (Meeting Information Packet)
- Jackie Rochefort, Park Planner at (541) 766-6468 or email.
- Sharon Bogdanovic, Senior Center Supervisor at (541) 754-1709 or email.