At their March 6, 2017, meeting, the 2017-2018 City Council adopted the following Code of Conduct.
Corvallis City Council
Code of Conduct 2017 – 2018
• Talk. If you have something to say, say it.
• As we interact in meetings, balance efficiency and effectiveness.
• Seek to resolve disagreements and present decisions fairly and respectfully.
• Demonstrate empathy by showing respect, listening, and participating.
• Respect others by paying attention, engaging, and acknowledging.
• Do your homework and come prepared to meetings.
• Bounce ideas off each other by phone or informal conversation, always mindful not to form a quorum.
• Operate transparently (be direct, authentic, and honest).
• Speak courteously of the Council and Councilors and Staff.