2601 NW Tyler Avenue, Corvallis, Oregon 97330
Phone: (541) 766-6959 // Fax: (541) 766-6338
Chintimini Senior & Community Center from City of Corvallis on Vimeo.
A Great Place for People age 50+
Learn. Get Fit. Meet Fun People. Travel. Stay Informed.
Whatever you're looking for, the Chintimini Senior & Community Center is here for you!
Ballroom Dancing with the Zeras
Saturdays, 9/20, 10/18 & 11/15
7:30 - 10:30 pm (dance lesson: 7:30 - 8:15 pm)
Cost: $24 resident, $30 non-resident OR $9.75 per dance drop-in fee
It's a great chance to dance AND learn from Gail and Mike Zera, two of the Valley's most popular ballroom dance teachers! Each session includes an optional introductory dance lesson from 7:30 - 8:15 pm (no experience needed), followed by two hours of dancing to modern and classic ballroom music. Refreshments are provided too! Find out more or register today, either online or by calling (541) 766-6959.
National Senior Center Month Celebration at the Center!
Monday, September 8 - Friday, October 3
Join the Chintimini Senior & Community Center in celebrating all the things that make senior centers such great places for recreation for people age 50+! For the next four weeks, we'll be featuring events, program spotlights, raffles, and opportunities to drop-in for for free to the Center's exercise classes and other recreational activities. It's a great time to get to know us - we're YOUR resource in the Corvallis community!
- 9/8: Grandparents Day Celebration, sponsored by Prestige Senior Living: You put the "GRAND" into grandparent! Celebrate your important place the generations - stop in for goodies and treats. 10 am - 4 pm
- 9/11: Flu Shot Clinic, in partnership with Safeway Pharmacy: get protected early before the flu season starts in earnest. No appointment necessary; bring Medicare and/or insurance cards for billing. 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- 9/19: The Joe Beaver Show Broadcasting Live from the Center! Enjoy the excitement of our fun, annual event, courtesy of our community sponsor, Van Vliet Meats. During the Joe Beaver Show, we'll be serving free hot dogs and soft drinks, drawing for raffle prizes (must be present to win), and hanging out with Benny Beaver! Preregistration is required if you would like to eat lunch at the Joe Beaver Show event. 12 - 2 pm.
- 9/22 - 9/27: Class Instructor Spotlights & Demonstrations: come find out about our classes and activities designed to help you maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit.
- 9/23: Fall Prevention Awareness Day, featuring a presentation from Corvallis Sport & Spine Physical Therapy. 10 - 11 am
- 9/24: National Women's Health & Fitness Day: attend a lecture on Immune Systems & the Aging Brain, presented by Mike Waters. 10:30 - 11:30 am
- September 29 - October 3: Free Fitness Drop-in Week: try out a Center-sponsored fitness class for free, and get $2 off the class' full term if you decide to continue in the class!
For more information about this event, call the Chintimini Senior & Community Center at (541) 766-6959.
IGERT Focus Groups on Healthy Aging
Wednesdays, October 8 - November 12 ~ 2 - 4 pm
Participate in research by sharing your knowledge and experiences with healthy aging as part of a focus group led by OSU IGERT in Aging Sciences graduate students! Different health topics will be focused on each session. Participation is voluntary and your personal information is kept confidential. Find out more or register today, either online or by calling (541) 766-6959.