Parks and Recreation invites you to join with us to make a difference! With over 2,000 acres of parks and open spaces, the Corvallis Parks and Recreation staff simply could not maintain our exceptional parks or offer families such a large variety of activities without the help of volunteers like you.
|Learn new skills, meet new friends, build a sense of accomplishment, all by giving back to your community!|
Volunteers Needed Year-Round
Parks and Recreation has year-round volunteer opportunities for almost every interest, schedule, and ability. There are opportunities for all ages, and we are happy to teach you new skills. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to exercise your mind and body, and share your unique expertise.
Examples of one-day event volunteer opportunities:
- Cleaning up after the Central Park Penny Carnival
- Creating decorations for the City's Earth Day celebration
- Working a booth at the children's Halloween Party
- Serving meals at the Senior Center Holiday Dinner
- Helping plant flowers or shrubs
- Youth Volunteer Corps - various year-round activities designed by teens, for teens (aplicacion en Espanol)
Examples of short-term or program volunteer opportunities:
- Coaching a youth sports team
- Helping lay wood chips to create a new hiking trail
- Teaching kids a craft project at a summer day camp
- Writing an article for the Senior Center newsletter
- Helping the Administration Division electronically archive documents
Examples of long-term volunteer opportunities:
- Playing piano at the Senior Center for their weekly sing-alongs
- Joining one of our advisory boards or commissions
- Greeting guests and answering phones at the Senior Center's reception desk
- Helping seniors use computers in the Senior Center computer lab
If you or your group have a specific interest or idea not listed here, call Parks and Recreation at 541-766-6918. Volunteers are welcome in all three divisions of our department: Administration, Parks, and Recreation.
Print the Volunteer Application and drop it in the mail, or stop by our administrative office in Avery Park, the Chintimini Senior Center, or Osborn Aquatic Center, to complete an application.
|Volunteer as an individual and meet new friends, or invite your family, neighbors, co-workers, or religious/social group to volunteer together. |
Individuals needing to perform court-ordered community service may volunteer in our Parks Division or at the Osborn Aquatic Center. Contact Steve M. in the Parks Division at 541-754-1739, or contact Nathan B. at the Osborn Aquatic Center at 541-766-6307, to make those arrangements.
We would love to have you join us to help strengthen our community by creating beautiful parks and thriving recreational activities for everyone to enjoy!