The Code Compliance section of Development Services primarily provides outreach and resolution for Building Code-related citizen complaints. We also investigate and resolve complaints related to Land Development Code requirements within non-residential zones.
DS Code Compliance Guide v2
DS Code Compliance Program Summary
Building Code Enforcement: Our office researches and investigates citizen complains for noncompliance with Building Code requirements, including:
- Structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical installations, alteration, or repairs without permits.
- The creation or use of a building for purposes other than it was originally approved or intended. This includes (but is not limited to) unpermitted garage conversions, accessory dwelling units and apartments.
- Building system failures that pose a danger to the occupants of the structure or citizens of Corvallis. This includes plumbing and electrical hazards, fire damage, and structural damage.
Land Development Code Enforcement: Our office also researches and investigates citizen complaints for noncompliance with Land Development Code requirements within non-residential zones, including:
- Unpermitted business or use within a commercial and industrial zone.
- Destruction of protected Natural Features.
- Parking on an unapproved surface, or making an unapproved parking lot modification.
- Illegal or unapproved signs.
If you have concerns regarding neighborhood livability issues, including Land Development Code requirements within residential areas, please visit the the Housing and Neighborhood Services Division Community Code Compliance web page.
For issues regarding public right-of-way (streets, street lawns, public sidewalks, etc.), please contact the Public Works Department at 541-766-6916.
For issues regarding public parks, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 541-766-6918.
For all disruptive noise issues (barking dogs, music, parties, construction sites), animal condition concerns, and/or concerns regarding parking or driving on streets, please contact the Police Department at 541-766-6924.
You may file a complaint to the Development Services Division for Building or Land Development Code issues as noted above in any of the following ways:
- Online Complaint Form
- Phone: 541-766-6929
- Mail: City of Corvallis, Development Services Division, P.O. Box 1083, Corvallis, OR 97339
We request that complainants provide their name, address, and phone number so that we can keep them appraised of how the complaint is resolved. If desired, this information may be kept confidential. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted or investigated.