The City of Corvallis' Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC) program has been developed to comply with a number of Federal, State and City regulations and citizen’s concerns to minimize the impact of construction activities on local waterways, adjacent properties, streets and storm infrastructure.
The City has authority to enforce erosion prevention and sediment control through the Uniform Building Code and the City’s erosion prevention and sediment control ordinance (PDF). The erosion prevention and sediment control ordinance establishes the requirement for an Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control permit for any ground disturbing activity affecting 2,000 square feet or greater, cumulatively, throughout the duration of the development.
Permit Application Form and Fees
Quick Reference GuidesA. Permit Process:
B. Inspection Process:
C. Additional Guides:
- EPSC Inspections (PDF) - explains the erosion control inspection process throughout the duration of a project and answers frequently asked questions.
Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Manual
- Wet Weather Erosion Prevention (PDF) - summarizes additional requirements for construction during the wet weather season of October 1 through April 30.
The Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Manual has been updated! Click here
for a summary of changes (PDF), effective May 1, 2009.
The manual provides technical guidance for the design, installation, maintenance and inspection of temporary and permanent erosion prevention and sediment control “best management practices” (BMPs). The manual is intended for use by site designers, developers, contractors and inspectors during the construction process, before, during and after clearing, grubbing, grading and excavation. The manual is also intended to have educational value to the public.
The EPSC manual can be downloaded in parts as follows:
Note: PDF Manual and Appendices are formatted for double-sided printing.
The manual includes the following information:
- Chapter 1 - Introduction and Background - provides an introduction to the manual and educational information regarding the background and bases for the City’s development of erosion prevention and sediment control standards, and an overview of erosion processes and the environmental impacts created by erosion from construction sites.
- Chapter 2 - Erosion Control Planning and Design - discusses the issues important to planning and the design process for an effective erosion prevention and sediment control plan. Section 2.6 discusses plan submittal and permit requirements.
- Chapter 3 - Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Measures - presents best management practices for erosion prevention and sediment control for construction sites and is intended to help the designer choose the most appropriate measure or control.
- Chapter 4 - Construction Site Pollution Control Measures - gives an overview of the environmental impacts created by pollution generated by construction site activities. The chapter describes planning and implementation activity controls that can be used on a construction site.
- Chapter 5 - Inspection and Maintenance - provides guidelines for the proper implementation, inspection, and maintenance of erosion prevention and sediment control measures.
- Appendices - provides sample plans, forms and recommended standards.
If you have questions or require additional information, contact Development Services at 541-766-6929 or via e-mail