In general, building permits are required whenever a building or structure regulated by the State Building Code is constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, or converted to another use. Mechanical, plumbing, and electrical permits are required whenever these systems are installed, altered, or replaced. There are exemptions under these codes.

Permit / Case Search

The "Permits / Case Search" button above provides access to the City's permit tracking database ePlans.  You can use this tool to review permit activity or the status of a case. 

Other permits are issued by Development Services for the placement of manufactured dwellings, excavation and grading activities, driveway approaches, public sidewalks, parking lot construction, business signs, and sidewalk cafes.

Contact the Development Services Division at 541-766-6929 with questions about permits and fees.



Electronic PermittingePlans Logo

ePlans offers a majority of the same permits that are available at our office. With the ePlans platform, customers also have the ability to schedule inspections, pay fees, and view case statuses. You can access your permit information 24-hours a day and will no longer need to leave your jobsite to make application for most permits. Register for your ePlans account today. The ePlans platform is available at



The Development Services Division is excited to announce that customers can now request all ofePlans Logo their project’s inspections through the City of Corvallis’ ePlans permit platform. Through ePlans, you will be able to access your account anytime to request an inspection, indicate if you would prefer an am or pm inspection, include specific notes for the inspection, and review inspection requests and results. Our ePlans platform is a free service available to any registered user. Homeowners, building owners, and design professionals can schedule their inspections from the same platform there they are able to create their permit applications.

Register for your ePlans account today. The ePlans platform is available at


Additional Information

Visit, a site sponsored by the Oregon Building Officials Association. Think Permit

Do I Need a Permit for My Project?
Mechanical Permitting Application
Other Resource Links

Permits Processed by Other Departments

Alarm, taxi, sound, parade, camping

Street Tree - removal, planting or pruning

Canopies, bleachers, burning, temporary assembly [Fire Department (541-766-6961)]
Food Handling [Benton County Health Department (541-766-6041)]
Courtesy parking permits, temporary liquor license [Police Department (541-766-6924)]
Street Closure [Public Works (541-766-6916)]


Last updated: 7/6/2017 10:31:32 AM