In order for your banner to be placed over NW Harrison Boulevard at 6th Street, it must advertise events sponsored by a non-profit organization. No advertising by a commercial sponsor is allowed.
*Please note that as of January 1st, 2016, banner size requirements have changed.*
- Reservations accepted up to 6 months prior to the date the banner will be hung.
- Banner reservation periods are established at 2 week time blocks.
- Banners may be hung no more than 2 times in a calendar year.
- To view availability, check the banner calendar.
- If more than one reservation is received on any day, a random drawing will be conducted to determine which organization will be granted the reservation.
To submit a banner reservation permit, you may use an on-line banner reservation form
. If you prefer, you may obtain an application form at the Development Services Division: phone - 541-766-6929; e-mail
Written documentation of nonprofit status also must be submitted. This documentation should be the approval received from the Internal Revenue Service to qualify under Section 501(c)(3) for a nonprofit exemption or some similar documentation. Governmental organizations (City of Corvallis and Benton County) and public educational institutions (OSU, LBCC, 509J) do not need to submit this documentation. A fee of $225.00 must be paid within 30 days of notification that the permit application has been approved.Required Insurance:
At least one week prior to the banner being hung, provide a copy of your non-profit organization's Certificate of Insurance to the Development Services Division office. The minimum required type of insurance is as follows:
Banner Materials and Size Requirements:
| Each Occurrence
| Personal and ADV Injury
| General Aggregate
- Please Note Starting January 1st, 2016 Banner Size Requirements Will Change: The length of the banner must be one of three sizes; 30 feet, 35 feet, or 40 feet in length. The width of the banner may range from a minimum of 24 inches to a maximum of 36 inches. If the banner does meet these size requirements it most likely will not display properly when hung across Harrison Blvd. The City will not extend resources to accommodate inadequate sized banners.
- The banner must be made of substantial material, such as canvas.
- Heavy duty reinforced grommets must be installed in all four corners of the banner and along the top and bottom edges, spaced between 18 and 36 inches apart.
- The grommets should be approximately 1/2 inch from the edge of the banner and should have an opening of approximately 1/2 inch.
- To reduce wind resistance, "wind holes" are created by cutting semi-circular "U"-shaped flaps 6 to 9 inches in diameter which will open along the bottom edge when the wind blows.
- Banners wider than 2 feet should have 2 off-set rows of "wind-holes" provided:
- All of the ropes, cables and snaps needed to hang your banner will be provided.
Banner Placement and Removal:
Banners are normally placed and removed on Mondays. If Monday is a holiday, this will occur on the following workday. Deliver your banner to the Development Services Division office in City Hall (corner of 5th & Madison) one month prior to hanging of the banner; along with payment and insurance information. After removal, Development Services will email or call the applicant to notify they can come pickup the banner at the office.
For Further Information:
If you have any further questions, contact the Development Services Division at (541) 766-6929, or send an e-mail.