Fire Department Open House & Safety Fair - Station 1
10/7/2017 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
The Corvallis Fire Department will host its annual Open House & Safety Fair from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, October 7 at the downtown fire station, 400 NW Harrison Blvd.
This year's fire safety theme is: "Every Second Counts, Plan 2 Ways Out!" As our lives get busier, sometimes fire safety is the last thing on many families' minds. With more than 90 percent of all home fires caused by human carelessness, fire safety is an important topic for families, particularly families with small children.
Some of the highlights planned include:
STATION 1 (400 NW Harrison Blvd.)
- Watch live fire demonstrations, to include a vehicle rescue operation, a hazardous materials incident, and a live fire exercise.
- Child safety seat inspections.
- Experience our 40-foot Children's Fire Safety House.
- Kids can participate in numerous firefighter activities.
- Visit several other child safety and health advocates.
- Complete a free child ID kit for your children.
- Learn how to use a portable fire extinguisher & properly extinguish a cooking fire.
- Kids can play on a free fire-themed inflatable.
- Bike helmets provided/sold to qualifying kids by the Mid-Valley Bicycle Club.
- Interact with OSU Athletes.
- Meet Pluggie, the robotic fire hydrant, & Sparky, the Fire Dog.
- Tour the fire stations.
- Participate in fire safety activities and win cool prizes.
- Check out the fire safety house of hazards.